What's new

The Real Shaving Company???

So,

As per my post in "The Score" I picked up some products from the Real Shaving Co. tonight. Is anybody familiar with this stuff (didn't see it listed in the Reviews section)? If you are familar with it, would you consider it to be good, bad or ugly?

I'm shocked that I haven't had a response yet... I find it hard to believe that I could have found products that are foreign to all B&B'ers, so I'll assume that those who have encountered "The Real Shaving Co." have found these products to be un-noteworthy.

NMMB said:
So,

As per my post in "The Score" I picked up some products from the Real Shaving Co. tonight. Is anybody familiar with this stuff (didn't see it listed in the Reviews section)? If you are familar with it, would you consider it to be good, bad or ugly?

Hi , I use their pre-shave shampoo sometimes you will see me post in the SOTD shower RSC pre-shave wash.. nice shampoo nice smell if it extra softens the whiskers who knows ?

other then that I have no experience.

Austin said:
Please review it for us. Some of us are hesitant to buy new items until we read a review.

I will see what I can do; however, I doubt that I can compete with the eloquence and comprehensiveness of the reviews by some of the more seasoned and knowledgeable members (Joel, Scotto, et al).

NMMB said:
I will see what I can do; however, I doubt that I can compete with the eloquence and comprehensiveness of the reviews by some of the more seasoned and knowledgeable members (Joel, Scotto, et al).

Naw, you will do fine. Those guys are lightweights. :biggrin:

I look forward to your review.

Austin said:
...I look forward to your review.

To be fair to The Real Shaving Co., I will use the products for the next 3 days (or so), so that I can get a full understanding of how they work. Stay tunned.

So,

I today I began my 3 day trial of the products mentioned above, and have the following first impressions*:

- The "Daily Facial Scrub", as they call it, is probably too harsh for me to use it daily (the little bits O' ground walnut shell are sharp and are large enough that it actually hurt a bit... maybe this will have to become a once per week scrub that I don't use before shaving).

- The "Shaving Cream: Moisturising" provided me with copious amounts of a stiff but very light-weight lather (really, it felt like it didn't weigh as much as other lathers - as strange as it sounds to say that). The smell is... well, I'm really not great at describing scents... but it is a pleasant enough scent, IMO. If you have tried this stuff and are good at explaining scents, please help me out here.

- The "Daily Skin Soothing Balm" was a little heavier than I had expected (not Proraso Pre/Post heavy, but heavier than the Proraso "milky", or Baxters, for example). This is a very moisturizing AS Balm, and I think that I am going to like it (though, it may be better when the air is dryer in the fall and winter).

proxy.php

* I will try to provide a review this weekend. Stay tuned *

reviving the thread a little, perhaps. I just wanted to mention that I have posted my first review (of the RS Co. shave cream mentioned above)...

Austin said:
Very nice review! ...
- Thanks. I don't think that it is as comprehensive as some reviews, but at least there are some photos :biggrin:

Austin said:
...Thanks for posting it in the appropriate forum.
- Is that a common problem?

NMMB said:
- Thanks. I don't think that it is as comprehensive as some reviews, but at least there are some photos :biggrin:

- Is that a common problem?

No, but Nick did create a forum specifically for reviews.

I thought the review was very well done and look forward to reading reviews on the rest of the product line.

Kyle said:
I thought the review was very well done and look forward to reading reviews on the rest of the product line.

Kyle,

I will try to get reviews up for the scrub and AS within a week (+/-)...

dadwasright said:
My understanding is that shaving cream from Real Shaving Co is made by Creightons, which makes 3 T's if I am not mistaken.

That's entirely correct!

Peter

Top Bottom