What's new

The Puzzling & Curious World of 1911

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You could try one of these little things. :w00t:

That was an excellent video. That gun is a BEAST! No thanks! I'll stick to my wheel guns.

@simon1 : did you notice the one young guy closed his eyes with EVERY squeeze of the trigger?!?

I'm NOT criticizing him! Oh no! I'd never even OPEN my eyes when using that cannon!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That was an excellent video. That gun is a BEAST! No thanks! I'll stick to my wheel guns.

@simon1 : did you notice the one young guy closed his eyes with EVERY squeeze of the trigger?!?

I'm NOT criticizing him! Oh no! I'd never even OPEN my eyes when using that cannon!

They BOTH blinked when firing. :)

I handled a couple of Warthogs several years ago...didn't quite see the point in it. I'm not going to carry a cocked and locked 1911 in my pocket, and if I holster or Mexican carry why not do a Commander sized one.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
You could try one of these little things. :w00t:

Looks like a winner to me! I always noticed on my little Kimber that on a triple tap the first two shots were center mass-ish (One to the chest, next one to the throat) and then the muzzle had climbed to the point that #3 was right in the "between the eyes" zone. Taking out CNS stuff left and right with that wicked little sister and that was with a two handed grip. One hand? I'm guessing one to the chest, one over his head, and one into the lights at the range... :lol: I'll stick with my Counselor. It's plenty to handle with 124gr. +P stuff.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
They BOTH blinked when firing. :)

I handled a couple of Warthogs several years ago...didn't quite see the point in it. I'm not going to carry a cocked and locked 1911 in my pocket, and if I holster or Mexican carry why not do a Commander sized one.

Now that I have carried my Springfield a few months with it’s officers sized frame and commander slide, it makes for a nice carry.

The commander slide stays put inside the waistband, while the officers grip really reduces the print profile.

Did I ever post this? It's my 1911A1 from CMP. Date of manufacture is 1944.

pistol-45apc-1911A1.jpg

Top Bottom