What's new

The Puzzling & Curious World of 1911 Part Deux.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Emissary is a fancy one for sure. I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older and my tastes are changing, or if it’s because I have an infinity for plain looking pistols coming from a lifetime spent with Glocks.

But I think I prefer the classic GI type of lines when it comes to 1911’s. My Sig Sauer Extreme runs great. But when comparing it to my Springfield Range Officer, I really dig the fact that the RO is designed with a match grade heavy barrel, match grade trigger and competition style lock work, but all that goodness is hidden in the styling of a basic, matte black GI finish and design.

My Sig Extreme has all the external bells & whistles. Underneath picatinny lugs for a light, nice knurled serrations on the front strap.

But I like the smooth clean simple and basic lines on my Springfield with it’s simple wooden grip panels and cannon & ball logo. Less is truly more when it comes to 1911’s I think.

Striker fired pistols make ya want to go out and get a laser and light and red dot and magazine extensions.

I like my 1911’s like my women. Plain Jane but they sure can cook…. :)

Your Ronin is very beautiful in appearance while also still being and keeping the beauty of simplicity in it’s design.

I would break that thing in until it’s action and trigger is buttery smooth in its operation. Get a beautiful holster to stick it in, get to know it like a life long best friend,

And then never change another thing about it. Ever.

:)

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Emissary is a fancy one for sure. I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older and my tastes are changing, or if it’s because I have an infinity for plain looking pistols coming from a lifetime spent with Glocks.

But I think I prefer the classic GI type of lines when it comes to 1911’s. My Sig Sauer Extreme runs great. But when comparing it to my Springfield Range Officer, I really dig the fact that the RO is designed with a match grade heavy barrel, match grade trigger and competition style lock work, but all that goodness is hidden in the styling of a basic, matte black GI finish and design.

My Sig Extreme has all the external bells & whistles. Underneath picatinny lugs for a light, nice knurled serrations on the front strap.

But I like the smooth clean simple and basic lines on my Springfield with it’s simple wooden grip panels and cannon & ball logo. Less is truly more when it comes to 1911’s I think.

Striker fired pistols make ya want to go out and get a laser and light and red dot and magazine extensions.

Your Ronin is very beautiful in appearance while also still being and keeping the beauty of simplicity in it’s design.

I would break that thing in until it’s action and trigger is buttery smooth in its operation. Get a beautiful holster to stick it in, get to know it like a life long best friend,

And then never change another thing about it. Ever.

:)

I just ordered the holster yesterday. I am getting another R. Grizzle, 16 weeks out but so worth the wait. I don't plan to do anything with it but shoot it, Rob.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I just ordered the holster yesterday. I am getting another R. Grizzle, 16 weeks out but so worth the wait. I don't plan to do anything with it but shoot it, Rob.

Yeah, looking at your pics, it just seems perfect already, doesn’t it? :)

That two toned finish and look is pretty mesmerizing if you ask me.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
No veering. Absolutely necessary post and very much on point. :)

Now, my children humping like bunnies? Different story. ;)

However, OP did say something about falling down the rabbit hole…
I had nothing to do with your Grandchildren. Completely different rabbit hole. :lol:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Unless you are a collector of NIB safe queens, the idiot scratch is normal wear and tear, in my hamfisted opinion!

One of the guys I use to moose hunt with collected high grade Browning shotguns. You couldnt even handle them without gloves. I get it from an investment point of view, but if you cant carry it, its of no use to me. That Diana Grade Superposed was damn nice though.

I finally got it. Man did that slide stop need to be tilted to push in the plunger pin. I am going to notch it, or buy a notched stop. @ColtRevolver I own an idiot scratch.
Buy a 10-8 polymer 1911 “tool” it will pay for itself 10x over if you plan on keeping 1911s around.

The rabbit hole is deep be careful how far in you wade…….
E192E901-42E1-4214-80BB-ABEA6DD9FF48.jpeg

Top Bottom