What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

Combat shooting for a civilian is not "at a distance". 21 feet or less - the distance where more than 90% of defensive shootings take place. You don't engage a guy whose across the street...just the guy who's trying to kill or maim you - and that's an up close and personal activity. You need ranged accuracy? Get a rifle. There's a lot of misinformation out there about what folks need to have and use on the street. Keep it simple. Buy a pistol and get good with it. A J-frame Smith and Wesson is much more accurate than the man using it. Take that to the bank. I know a guy that CONSISTENTLY shoots head shots on silhouettes at 100 yards with stock J-frame revolvers. He carries 3 or 4 and never reloads - just draws the next revolver. The man is a private detective in Pennsylvania and one of my most memorable bad-sasses. I got my first concealed carry license in Detroit more than 40 years ago and have carried firearms ever since and taught others to do the same. If you go to the range and your target looks like you used a shotgun? Work on your grip, sight picture, and the strength in your hands and arms. Folks forget that muscular strength is important in shooting accuracy. Those little grip master devices can work wonders in tightening up your groups at the range. Most folks having issues look for easy fixes but the reality is they just need more QUALITY range time. Shooting ability is a perishable skill. Hope that helps.

But it’s the other 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it’s the other 10%.

If you can come up with a reason for the other 10% you better be a cop. We had a local guy that engaged a bank robber from across the street with a North American .22 magnum...gutsy move, but maybe not wise (I wasn't there so I can't be definite on that). Pistols are not rifles. If you'd like to risk long distance shots in public have at it. I can tell you that it is generally frowned upon and has legal implications. People no longer in pistol distance are not my problem.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If you can come up with a reason for the other 10% you better be a cop. We had a local guy that engaged a bank robber from across the street with a North American .22 magnum...gutsy move, but maybe not wise (I wasn't there so I can't be definite on that). Pistols are not rifles. If you'd like to risk long distance shots in public have at it. I can tell you that it is generally frowned upon and has legal implications. People no longer in pistol distance are not my problem.

Agreed. While I can see the extremely rare, one in a million, snowball in hell scenario in my mind which would want to make me say, "never say never?" Also in my mind, is the fact that a mere 10 feet, is considered to be a "long distance shot" with a North American Arms .22 Magnum.

And yet still, you know a guy who can make headshots at 100 yds with a .38 snubbie? Pretty remarkable.

Sometimes life doesn’t give you choices. I carry a gun, because I can’t carry a cop.

or instead you could get a Taurus judged and load it with 410 who needs to point just pull the trigger in there rough direction no laser sight needed you’ll hit them

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
or instead you could get a Taurus judged and load it with 410 who needs to point just pull the trigger in there rough direction no laser sight needed you’ll hit them
That's a heap sized bigger than the Elsie Pea and although we tend to railroad our discussions 'round here, we're basically talking the practicality of using small pocket pistols with lasers.

Umm...I'm thinking you haven't shot many .410's? They don't quite work like that. The .410 is the absolute most underpowered shotgun cartridge bar none. A .45 LC fits in that same barrel. That would be my choice.

Agreed. While I can see the extremely rare, one in a million, snowball in hell scenario in my mind which would want to make me say, "never say never?" Also in my mind, is the fact that a mere 10 feet, is considered to be a "long distance shot" with a North American Arms .22 Magnum.

And yet still, you know a guy who can make headshots at 100 yds with a .38 snubbie? Pretty remarkable.

Yeah, most folks don't believe it...but I was there. It was during an advanced firearms course taught by a well known firearms guru. So basically there were plenty of other witnesses besides me. Again, range versus street. I managed a neat trick in the same course. We were firing shotgun and I accidentally fired a 00 buck round instead of the slugs we were supposed to be using. Same 100 yard course. All nine pellets on the silhouette with an unchoked shotgun. As to the snowball in hell scenario? I'm happy to stick with the FBI statistics and they pretty much say it ain't happening.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Or if you want to charter a private plane fly into the Jim Hogg County Airport!!

Umm...I'm thinking you haven't shot many .410's? They don't quite work like that. The .410 is the absolute most underpowered shotgun cartridge bar none. A .45 LC fits in that same barrel. That would be my choice.
Even tho it’s under power at 3 yard normal contact distance 5 shots I don’t care who you are your going down 00 buck

Even tho it’s under power at 3 yard normal contact distance 5 shots I don’t care who you are your going down 00 buck

That's a lot different than the "who needs to point just pull the trigger in there rough direction no laser sight needed you’ll hit them" my friend. Just calling you on the exaggeration. It's never that easy in the dark at two am with the fear and adrenaline. No...it never is. There are actually cases of police shootings where at 3 yards BOTH SIDES missed. Nothing is guaranteed.

OkieStubble

That's a heap sized bigger than the Elsie Pea and although we tend to railroad our discussions 'round here, we're basically talking the practicality of using small pocket pistols with lasers.

Agreed. Railroading sure does keep these threads going though, doesn't it? ;)

OkieStubble

Now show me the Bruni, Tx airport.

28149301-turtle-crawling-along-deserted-dirt-road.jpg

Top Bottom