What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

Liver, kidneys, heart, gizzards, tripe....etc.
All innards. Innards I shall NEVER eat.[emoji2961]
Yes...I have tried them. No, I don’t like them at all.

Chicken, goose liver and pig brains I’ll eat. Not any of that other stuff...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
If that’s truly the case I am not sure why this is even a question!! @martym it sounds like you’re a heck of a shot!

As a general statement, I’ll take a person who knows how to shoot with iron sights over someone who shoots with a laser nearly every time. I’ve actually never met anyone who understands and shoots well with a laser(on a handgun)... different story with a RDS.

99% of people can’t seem to understand that that little dot will never stay still... basic principals would say first sight picture is best sight picture and as soon as you see that dot on your target start squeezing. Aim small shoot small is exactly right, but the brain is a very interesting thing. Aim small... wait,wait, wait... the dot just moved off my small aim point, pause... miss:(

Obviously that’s not the case with you!!

Not to get to far off topic, but what drills do you all shoot? Lately I’ve been shooting Chuck Pressburgs No Fail Drill and an old school 3 yard accuracy dot drill.

One nice thing about this forum is it sounds like there are some passionate shooters along with wet shavers... Two hobbies that I enjoy:)
I think maybe I see from where you come and maybe just what and how you are thinking about a laser.

The sights on every weapon I’ve ever fired move too. Same as a laser moves.
The bullet does hit where that dot is on the target exactly as the bullet hits where you are aiming. It’s just that the dot shows just how much you are moving.
I believe that you must first learn the basics and become proficient and competent before ever thinking of using a laser unless there is an underlying reason why a laser would be necessary.

I have a laser on my Elsie Pea just because I do my best to be prepared for worse case scenarios. The “what if’s”. I have never had to use them but I am prepared.

I train by running for a bit to raise my heart rate and then firing. Makes me control breathing and concentrate more. Focus. I also use loud noise and have friends throw stuff and scream. Having a good time but learning and making myself better.

For work it’s just shooting a 30 round course of fire from 3 yards to 15 yards.

33 years ago I had to take my firearms qualification course 3 times because I could not qualify. I could shoot a rifle and a shotgun accurately but not a revolver.

I took that failure to heart and learned how to shoot. I take great pride in my shooting skills.
I hope this made a bit of sense.

I like running and loud noises when I shoot. Makes me concentrate on the basics.

martym

I love mountain oysters.
When I was a kid we would go to the slaughterhouse on Sundays and get the meat and organ meat they were throwing out; fajita, tripe, brain, kidney, heart, etc..
All free!!
Tongue was free.
Oh man!!

martym

Bruni is very small. One of my buddies has a place in Miranda City. Just outside Laredo on the same main road as our place. His place is bigger than ours.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I think we put a laser on Marty and point him toward his beach front property on the Rio Grande. @OkieStubble and myself thinks it exists.

In all seriousness thanks for turning the squabble professional and not making me do a bunch of deleting or locking my own damn thread. :thumbup:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
These days just standing on our side of the river can be dangerous.

I love the episodes of Lone Star Law when they are working the Rio Grande. With the sensationalism in that, it appears the Texas Game Wardens completely take over scenes that CPB officers are handling.

martym

I think we put a laser on Marty and point him toward his beach front property on the Rio Grande. @OkieStubble and myself thinks it exists.

In all seriousness thanks for turning the squabble professional and not making me do a bunch of deleting or locking my own damn thread. :thumbup:
Amazing what happens when adults act like adults!!
Okay. You got me.
F82D08B9-066F-4561-A677-0250298B6BBB.jpeg

martym

I love the episodes of Lone Star Law when they are working the Rio Grande. With the sensationalism in that, it appears the Texas Game Wardens completely take over scenes that CPB officers are handling.
National Geographic got me on one of those shows in July of last year. I don’t know if it ever aired. I was working overtime and got a load.
They asked how and I told them that occasionally even a blind squirrel will find a nut.
Got a Texas Game Warden 3 houses down.
Good guy.
I know lots of them cuz of the ranch and forgetting to let them know I am going out hog hunting at night. Now they just call me or dad before they go out there.

martym

These days just standing on our side of the river can be dangerous.
Kidnappings and getting shot at.
It has changed so much. We used to go hunting in Mexico.
Many times after a 4-12 shift a bunch of us would go across and go have tacos, taters, and beer. Can’t do any of that now.
Tamaulipas is the most dangerous state in Mexico and Reynosa is the most dangerous city in the state of Tamaulipas.
That’s the city right across the bridges where I live. WooHoo!!
If y’all are so inclined look at borderland beat. It’s stories about violence in Mexico. It is graphic though. Open source

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Kidnappings and getting shot at.
It has changed so much. We used to go hunting in Mexico.
Many times after a 4-12 shift a bunch of us would go across and go have tacos, taters, and beer. Can’t do any of that now.
Tamaulipas is the most dangerous state in Mexico and Reynosa is the most dangerous city in the state of Tamaulipas.
That’s the city right across the bridges where I live. WooHoo!!
If y’all are so inclined look at borderland beat. It’s stories about violence in Mexico. It is graphic though. Open source
All along the border. When I lived in Phoenix it was great to just drive on down and across the border and all over the little town of Sonora. When I lived in LA we often made trips down the Baja. Here it was great to head over for dinner. But it's been about two decades now since I've crossed the border.

martym

Sad part is that it’s so close and yet so far.
Not worth the risk.
I don’t even go to Progresso anymore.

Liver, tenderloin and heart! Our dinner at camp whenever someone scores a buck. I love it. Yes, with mushrooms and onions, but no lasers.

I haven’t met too many foods I don’t like....

Top Bottom