What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yeah, most folks don't believe it...but I was there. It was during an advanced firearms course taught by a well known firearms guru. So basically there were plenty of other witnesses besides me. Again, range versus street. I managed a neat trick in the same course. We were firing shotgun and I accidentally fired a 00 buck round instead of the slugs we were supposed to be using. Same 100 yard course. All nine pellets on the silhouette with an unchoked shotgun. As to the snowball in hell scenario? I'm happy to stick with the FBI statistics and they pretty much say it ain't happening.

I hear ya and believe you. We used to like blowing the minds of cadets who were having trouble using their Glock sights during their firearms block, by taking their pistol from them, turning it upside down and ringing a steel plate at 100 yards using our pinky to pull the trigger. :)

OkieStubble

That it do.

I think hashing out and dissecting certain topics like this is and can be very educational if we allow it to be. It can critique the knowledge of us who are still learning, expand the knowledge of us who already know, and infuriate us, who think we already know everything and there's nothing else to learn.

I don't know about you, but all three of those, sound like a good time to me. :)

EDIT: How we got talking about .410 shotguns, I have no clue... But back to the OP. Yes, a laser could find a purpose on a pocket pistol for a rare circumstance, but in the big picture of self defense with a small caliber and small pistol, it really isn't very practical.

There, I said it. :) However,... J/K

Last edited:
That's a lot different than the "who needs to point just pull the trigger in there rough direction no laser sight needed you’ll hit them" my friend. Just calling you on the exaggeration. It's never that easy in the dark at two am with the fear and adrenaline. No...it never is. There are actually cases of police shootings where at 3 yards BOTH SIDES missed. Nothing is guaranteed.
That’s true there are a lot of factors but the way I see it is the more projectiles coming from that gun at a short distance ie 3 yards you are bound to hit that person yes obviously everyone needs to train with there weapons practice makes perfect I’d rather have 3 projectiles going in one the person then one

I didn't know you had a P239? Gotta pic?

I've still got a Sig 239 (9MM). Got it for a good price but was put off by the long "civilian" trigger pull. Guess it put a lotta folks off since they offered a NY trigger later.
I still have it and use it as a "bad example" gun. I have other Sigs that have better triggers.

That’s true there are a lot of factors but the way I see it is the more projectiles coming from that gun at a short distance ie 3 yards you are bound to hit that person yes obviously everyone needs to train with there weapons practice makes perfect I’d rather have 3 projectiles going in one the person then one

That's one school of thought. I subscribe to the "bigger is better" theory and prefer
well aimed .45's and larger (yup, even have subcompact .45's). I'm not above packing my Ruger .480 in bear country. The extra weight is...comforting.

I hear ya and believe you. We used to like blowing the minds of cadets who were having trouble using their Glock sights during their firearms block, by taking their pistol from them, turning it upside down and ringing a steel plate at 100 yards using our pinky to pull the trigger. :)

Neat trick and one I've not seen. Gotta say upfront though that I've never been a fan of combat Tupperware.

OkieStubble

I've still got a Sig 239 (9MM). Got it for a good price but was put off by the long "civilian" trigger pull. Guess it put a lotta folks off since they offered a NY trigger later.
I still have it and use it as a "bad example" gun. I have other Sigs that have better triggers.

Lol'd.

Imo a laser on handgun is pure stupidity. Most people don’t know how to hold a pistol, use iron sights, or even shoot without a laser... A laser is just another gadget that gets people in trouble. The right laser on my SR15 pair with night vision and a T2, sure... A laser on an LCP... smh. Lol, Why?

For me... a laser is an absolute no go because in cook county they are illegal. I cross over from lake to cook to will to a ton of other county’s here in IL...the last thing I need to worry about is the legality of a useless attachment on my CCW.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Imo a laser on handgun is pure stupidity. Most people don’t know how to hold a pistol, use iron sights, or even shoot without a laser... A laser is just another gadget that gets people in trouble. The right laser on my SR15 pair with night vision and a T2, sure... A laser on an LCP... smh. Lol, Why?

For me... a laser is an absolute no go because in cook county they are illegal. I cross over from lake to cook to will to a ton of other county’s here in IL...the last thing I need to worry about is the legality of a useless attachment on my CCW.
Now now young man you don’t know me. I am not stupid and I take offense to a total stranger calling me stupid.
I have a laser on my Elsie Pea and I enjoy it.
I have been carrying a weapon professionally for 33 years and have been a firearms instructor for more than 20 years.
I am not a stupid man and I take great offense to your calling me one.
Police your posts. Think before posting. Don’t insult people.

I would not tell you (unsolicited) how to accessorize your weapons. Please don’t call me stupid while telling me how I should carry mine.
marty

Now now young man you don’t know me. I am not stupid and I take offense to a total stranger calling me stupid.
I have a laser on my Elsie Pea and I enjoy it.
I have been carrying a weapon professionally for 33 years and have been a firearms instructor for more than 20 years.
I am not a stupid man and I take great offense to your calling me one.
Police your posts. Think before posting. Don’t insult people.

I would not tell you (unsolicited) how to accessorize your weapons. Please don’t call me stupid while telling me how I should carry mine.
marty

no where in my reply did I say YOU were stupid. I said a laser on a handgun was stupid. Big difference.

With that said, you want a laser on your LCP, go for it man. I personally don’t think it’s the best idea and just another thing that you are carrying around. An LCP is more of a pocket gun than a carry gun. Regardless your original thought of point and shoot at 5-7 feet is where I see this pistol being used.

As mentioned... if you took my comment as me calling you stupid, you took it the wrong way.

Cheers

martym

no where in my reply did I say YOU were stupid. I said a laser on a handgun was stupid. Big difference.

With that said, you want a laser on your LCP, go for it man. I personally don’t think it’s the best idea and just another thing that you are carrying around. An LCP is more of a pocket gun than a carry gun. Regardless your original thought of point and shoot at 5-7 feet is where I see this pistol being used.

As mentioned... if you took my comment as me calling you stupid, you took it the wrong way.

Cheers

Cheers
What you said sir is that putting a laser on a handgun is pure stupidity. I have a laser on my handgun. Therefore by your definition I am stupid!

That is why I say police your posts!
I don’t believe that you meant to call myself and others stupid for having lasers on our handguns. I believe that you didn’t express yourself properly. No sir. I did not take your comment the wrong way. I understood it exactly as you wrote it.

Anyway nothing wrong with spirited debate.
When I say this next statement I mean it:

welcome to B&B. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

marty

What you said sir is that putting a laser on a handgun is pure stupidity. I have a laser on my handgun. Therefore by your definition I am stupid!

That is why I say police your posts!
I don’t believe that you meant to call myself and others stupid for having lasers on our handguns. I believe that you didn’t express yourself properly. No sir. I did not take your comment the wrong way. I understood it exactly as you wrote it.

Anyway nothing wrong with spirited debate.
When I say this next statement I mean it:

welcome to B&B. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

marty

Marty, I am not sure I entirely agree with your break down of my thoughts...

I think people do stupid things all the time, it doesn’t mean I think they are stupid. One doesn’t automatically lead to the other and the two are not mutually exclusive.

With that said, glad to be here... looking forward to chatting with you all about several topics along the way.

martym

Sometimes you just gotta agree to disagree and move on.
I think they call it being an adult.

It’s all good

Once my oldest was walking with a girl she had never gotten along with and I asked her about it and she shrugged her shoulders and said that they had sniffed butts and made friends.
Kids say the darnedest things.

stay safe
marty

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Properly handled, Gentlemen. Please remember that it is okay to disagree, but it is not okay to be disagreeable. If there is an issue with a post, then report it, and the moderator team will deal with it as necessary.

Top Bottom