What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have slightly changed the thread title.

Thanks for not shutting a good thread down because a couple of kids are squabbling.

Hey...we're all family here...right? Stuff happens.

I like liver and onions; Mom fixed it all the time. And calf ears (that's what my Aunt called mountain oysters so she could get us kids to eat them). I have been out in the corral at Uncle's ranch doing the castrating, vaccinating, dehorning, and branding. We'd throw the excess mountain oysters to the dogs that were waiting by the branding iron fire. Aunt would split them in half and batter fry them so we would eat them.

I remember sitting in the kitchen at Granddad's farmhouse and us eating calf brains and scrambled eggs together when I was a kid. I used to work in packing houses...we'd wash the tripe and I'd scrape the hair off some pig ears and give to the people that would come by wanting them. That was free for them.

Manual, the guy that leases my pasture for his horses, brought by some venison steaks and backstrap steaks yesterday. They will get cooked soon.

I still don't care for lasers, but that's just me.

But I believe.

1579746442359.png

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
You’re like a human buzzard Marty! I’ve sucked on a few pickled pigs feet, but chicken feet?
When I was young (high school) we sat down for dinner one evening as a family as we always did and I didn’t like what was being served and expressed this to my father. I was told to go to my room (no computer or cell phone).
Got up the next morning and went to the table for breakfast. I asked my father what was for breakfast. He went to the fridge and pulled out a plate and sat it in front of me and said, “Same thing you were going to eat last night but now it’s cold.”
Dad looked me in the eye and said to me that I would eat poop if he put it on my plate and I was hungry enough.

So I’ll eat darn near anything.

The only thing that is a certain no go for me is Carne Seca (Machacado) No way. No how. Don’t bring it in my house. Don’t cook it in my house.

martym

Thanks for not shutting a good thread down because a couple of kids are squabbling.

Hey...we're all family here...right? Stuff happens.

I like liver and onions; Mom fixed it all the time. And calf ears (that's what my Aunt called mountain oysters so she could get us kids to eat them). I have been out in the corral at Uncle's ranch doing the castrating, vaccinating, dehorning, and branding. We'd throw the excess mountain oysters to the dogs that were waiting by the branding iron fire. Aunt would split them in half and batter fry them so we would eat them.

I remember sitting in the kitchen at Granddad's farmhouse and us eating calf brains and scrambled eggs together when I was a kid. I used to work in packing houses...we'd wash the tripe and I'd scrape the hair off some pig ears and give to the people that would come by wanting them. That was free for them.

Manual, the guy that leases my pasture for his horses, brought by some venison steaks and backstrap steaks yesterday. They will get cooked soon.

I still don't care for lasers, but that's just me.

But I believe.

View attachment 1055267

That story is me!! I love all that food. Pig ears in a tortilla
And Manual; well my given name is Federico. I used to tell my father that my name is not Manual and I don’t do his labor. (Manual labor)

back then I didn’t have and LCP not a laser.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
B-D plus they smell bad when coking or cooked. As bad as chitlins, haggish and menudo.

I like taking the leftover chittlins’ from Thanksgiving and deep fry them in corn dog batter. The kids would dip them in sweet& sour sauce that they swiped from McDonald’s. :)

Mmm good!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You talking about Progresso in the Yucatán?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, as per previous reply I think he's talking about Nuevo Progreso by Weslaco and not the Yucatan one. I've been to Nuevo Progreso...kind of a tourist town then. I'm not going to any border towns right now.

But I may eat some venison backstrap steaks pretty soon.

But I digress.

But...I still don't use a laser. I have enough problem letting the front sight wobble and ignoring the wobble like I'm supposed to.

It's not humanly possible to hold a sight completely still...let it wobble a bit.

Last edited:
Neighbor farmers were straight from Poland. They always bought chicken from us when we butchered a bunch. They took all the feet and I’d go to their house with their grandkids and eat chicken foot soup every fall. We’d fight over the feet!

Yeah, as per previous reply I think he's talking about Nuevo Progreso by Weslaco and not the Yucatan one. I've been to Nuevo Progreso...kind of a tourist town then. I'm not going to any border towns right now.

That’s why I asked. I’ve been to the one in the Yucatán.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martym

Before I go to sleep let me leave y’all with this: My lovely wife doesn’t want a laser on her LCP because she will only need it close range. She won’t even practice with it. She knows that all she has to do is pull the trigger (not squeeze). She refuses to carry an extra magazine too.
Glad that’s off my chest.

but now the real kicker.

She (my wife) has never eaten a corn dog or pop tart. I am serious!!
Y’all. My wife is from the sticks!! Country as they get but with a college degree.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I used to tell my father that my name is not Manual and I don’t do his labor. (Manual labor)

Manual is kinda picky about how his name is pronounced. It's Manual, not Manuel.

I really don't blame him. Great guy.

My cousin's name is Fred...but not ericco. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

martym

Those are my favorite burgers. Local bowling alleys sell their burgers like that!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I spent my formative years on a farm in Iowa. Machacado (dried beef) is a staple up in Yankee country. I have not found good dried beef since moving to Texas.

martym

My carry yesterday and everyday. If you take a good look you may see a laser.

0F6F363A-F7CB-464D-A1C7-B57F94FBA5FF.jpeg

Top Bottom