What's new

Fenix Lights and Lasers on our Lizard Tongues.

For a small EDC gun such as an LCPII to be used at bad breath distances, (and let's face it, that's the primary purpose of a subcompact), a laser is a supplement and not a replacement for proper aim. Should you ever find yourself in a scuffle or any other scenario where you don't have time to acquire a sight picture, a properly sighted laser can definitely help. If you train with it.

I used to have an ArmaLaser TR19G on my Kahr but the damned thing would lose its adjustment after just a few rounds, so off it came. If you have a laser that doesn't lose its zero, I'd recommend leaving it on. And don't worry about "giving away your position", that's completely irrelevant to small guns and personal defense.

Last edited:
One benefit of laser sights I didn't see mentioned yet is the psychological impact of a bad guy seeing the laser dot actually projected on their body, or flashed across their eyes. Pretty much this is for the situations where a firearm is deployed as a deterrent, hopefully defusing a situation before deadly force is required.

One benefit of laser sights I didn't see mentioned yet is the psychological impact of a bad guy seeing the laser dot actually projected on their body, or flashed across their eyes. Pretty much this is for the situations where a firearm is deployed as a deterrent, hopefully defusing a situation before deadly force is required.

That’s what I was referencing by “using a laser offensively from a defensive position“ and having to articulate it, after.

The only thing I’ll say about that is check and understand local laws as they relate to brandishing a weapon, when and when you’re not meeting the requirements for deadly force usage, etc.

It’s possible for a zealous DA to hem up someone who thought they were rightfully defending themselves.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Wouldn’t argue that, but if I were the only one, I would probably take the shot, only if I had a laser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were the only one, you would have better odds of success, to close the gap of distance as fast as you can and empty the entire magazine into the threat. Pretty good chance you might not make it either, along with the perpetrator, but the odds of you saving everyone else there with a mouse gun is much better.

This is called being totally committed to the task.

Last edited:
If you were the only one, you would have better odds of success, to close the gap of distance as fast as you can and empty the entire magazine into the threat. Pretty good chance you might not make it either, along with the perpetrator, but the odds of you saving everyone else there with a mouse gun is much better.

This is called being totally committed to the task.

For sure with irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I have pistols that I painted the front sight with neon orange nail polish 5+ years ago without the need for a redo....I was shooting to day near dark. I had a gun without the orange front sight and was having difficulty seeing a gray gong at 25 yards. I switched to a orange sighted gun and got another 15 to 20 minutes of shooting in.

View attachment 1051167

I stole some red nail polish from whichever one was the current wife at the time and put it on my Blackhawk. That stuff has been on there since the '70s.

1578691863147.png

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Wait till you finally retire! Your wife might let you be right twice a week! But don't count on it. You might be surprised how wrong you can be when she's right there!

QFT, and I'm still 3 years from retirement!

Top Bottom