What's new

The Poor Man's Accoutrement

A quick review of the poor man's Shaving Brush Stand...
And submitted for your approval, the poor mans Razor Stand:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kyle,

...poor???...but functional...:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :w00t:

Don't worry, remember the motto:

"Time will tell" or a variation: "Time will stand" :001_smile :wink2:

Thomas

That packaging almost looks appropriate for that DE.

Oh, that and get a shop-vac! You got some cleaning up to do. :biggrin:

I think this thread was started for very good reasons. Some of us can afford a large quantity of shaving stuff which we don't really need to have good shaves although we like the freedom of choosing what we use on a daily basis.

I agree with the cleaning remarks although I don't want to echo it that clearly: maybe there are reasons we don't know of that prevent it from being the perfect and clean bathrooms some of us have?

I think this thread can move towards an interesting direction: show your most creative razor and brush stands that you haven't bought in a store or online. Fabricate something and post your pictures here. Based on that, others can copy your ideas if they would like to use the stands etc at home.

I think a while ago there was a contest thread where forum members were asked to show off their most creative shaving bowls. We had some very nice ideas over there, especially the coconut and fruit based shaving bowls. It will be alot harder to let the creative minds come up with their own made shaving creams, soaps, razors and blades (there obviously are exceptions) due to the fact that we typically have much more requirements for these things, however shaving and brush stands is something that any creative mind can make.

Whoever agrees with me here can start posting their creative ideas preferably with pictures. :001_smile

Oh and Kyle, while not necessarily the perfect stands, I think you have found very good use for unused items. Make sure the brush doesn't get damaged over time between the table and the wall though. Creativity is very important, but care must be taken not to damage the shaving equipment that is being used since that is a sin! :biggrin:

Edit: JoAnna, I love that stand. It's simple, elegant and a one of a kind thing!

There's a gaping chasm between artful/inspired repurposing and misguided appropriation. :a6:
As long as it doesn't come to this, you're ok...

If whomever made this monstrosity happens to read this, apologies for calling it out, but chefchris' wire hanger stands are at least quaint, and not frigging massive.

AACJ said:
Wait till ya'll see my duct tape razor and brush holder I'm entering in the Virginia State Fair (page 20) Duct Tape craft contest.

Pics to come soon.....

Okay, now I'm really upset with the Virginia State Fair. If my cat paints a picture, she isn't winning anything more than a ribbon or rosette!!!??? :cursing:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ashe said:
Edit: JoAnna, I love that stand. It's simple, elegant and a one of a kind thing!

Thank you Benjamin. Unfortunately I can't take any credit for the stand, as my husband is the one who thought of it. I did take the picture though. :biggrin:

Also, it is actually a two of a kind. Chefchris has 2 brushes, and 2 stands. :smile:

kennethw said:
Wow, that sounds epic. Do you actually *use* it though? :smile:

:lol:

"Put the lotion in the godd@mn basket!"

Of course I use it. When it breaks, I build a new one or patch it up with more duct tape, it only takes a few minutes eithe way. I use a cut apart toothbrush holder with a suction cup on the back to hold my SMF I brush though. It's too damn big for the duct tape one.

A great video for a great movie, yes precious, a great movie.

mrs. chefchris said:
Okay, now I'm really upset with the Virginia State Fair. If my cat paints a picture, she isn't winning anything more than a ribbon or rosette!!!??? :cursing:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your tax dollars at work! They'll pay 20.00 bucks for some schmuck to make a duct tape something or other but they won't pay squat for a really really skilled cat.

I'm making a blueberry wine right now for next years entry.

mrs. chefchris said:
Out of duct tape?!?! :001_tt2:

I'm going to come up with something that will blow the duct tape craft industry AWAY for next year!!

You guys getting any of the rain from the Tropical Storm?

AACJ said:
I'm going to come up with something that will blow the duct tape craft industry AWAY for next year!!

You guys getting any of the rain from the Tropical Storm?

Freaking rain!!! :cursing:

Thursday is therapy in the swimming pool, for the little one.:001_wub: Last week she just started doing reciprocal kicking, in the pool. And I forgot my video camera! All ready to go yesterday, and the therapist calls to cancel pool time. ARRGH! Stupid rain, and thunder, and lightening! And no pool next Thursday either. Meetings.

AACJ said:
Of course I use it. When it breaks, I build a new one or patch it up with more duct tape, it only takes a few minutes eithe way. I use a cut apart toothbrush holder with a suction cup on the back to hold my SMF I brush though. It's too damn big for the duct tape one.

I must see it. :biggrin:

AACJ said:
A great video for a great movie, yes precious, a great movie.

Whoa. That's also pretty epic. Funny that this guy is a main character on Monk. :smile:

Top Bottom