htownmmm said:
Why does the image of Boris Karloff stuck in cement come to mind? :biggrin:

duct tape: $2.99

labor: $10

satisfaction; priceless!

Marty

You must be kidding, I didn't put 1/4 of that labor into it!!:w00t: :001_rolle

I'll give kudos where they are due. :)

How well has it been holding up the weight of the razor and a wet brush?

Welll what do you know! It does exist!

Truely a work of ART.

I have this mixed media version that is specifically duct tape free. It uses the zip ties and coathanger as mentioned in the previous thread.

While working with coathanger isn't as easy as it seems, I must admit I have been bested by the dual purpose of both a blade and brush holder.

Curse you ART! I will retire to my cave and labor for days on end to bring the dual purpose balance to my creation!

proxy.php

Gatorade said:
Welll what do you know! It does exist!

Truely a work of ART.

I have this mixed media version that is specifically duct tape free. It uses the zip ties and coathanger as mentioned in the previous thread.

While working with coathanger isn't as easy as it seems, I must admit I have been bested by the dual purpose of both a blade and brush holder.

Curse you ART! I will retire to my cave and labor for days on end to bring the dual purpose balance to my creation!
:001_tt2:

When you slide the last sip tie the two prongs open up very wide. So It would accept a large brush as well as a small brush. Also note the clearance on arround the brush. Not like that other model where the SMF I is getting a flat spot...:eek:

proxy.php

:biggrin:

That's beautiful! You guys are truly country. My relatives salute you!

It looks like there should be a contest for a kitsch shaving stand. Dual purpose of course.

htownmmm said:

satisfaction; priceless!

Marty

I was thinking the "Tin Man" after a rain.

Randy

htownmmm said:

satisfaction; priceless!

Marty

:lol: :lol: :lol:
In my daughter's high school band, there was one kid that made a whole jacket out of duct tape. I think he was going for an entire band uniform, but I never heard how it came out.:biggrin:

But you folks have inspired me. Off to the woodshop!! If I varnish something enough or use poly it would be waterproof. Hmmm...I have A LOT of scrap lying around...a few small dowels...hmmm...:thumbup1:

Okay, I decided to redo my ductape shave brush and razor stand. And, I entered it in the State Fair a few weeks ago, I got to see it on display.

Sorry for the bad picture, but here it is:

full

The display is in an open air building and it's been quite humid the last week or so and apparently it softened the duct tape so much that the brush and razor had fallen off. Probably cost me the win. There's always next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damit! Sounds like it is time to circle the wagons and re-enginer. (Insert 6 million dollar man theme sounds(dananana))We have the technology. We can rebuild it. We can.... make it better!

Top Bottom