What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

The Plissons Are Here

OMG are they beautiful. As soon as Erin and I get the day's order picked and packed, I will start on some pictures for the site. I just don't know if I can do them justice. I also don't know if I can overcome the temptation to keep about a dozen of them for myself. OMG. I know. I already said that. OMG.

It's just so overwhelming to be surrounded by 139 Plissons all at one time. I'm sorry. It's just too much to bear. Please someone help me.:wink:

It's just so overwhelming to be surrounded by 139 Plissons all at one time. I'm sorry. It's just too much to bear. Please someone help me.:wink:

Jim, you gotta post a shot of all 139 Plissons! Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase.

I can't wait to see them on your site :thumbup:

Will these be Plisson Quality with the usual custom configurations for VB? ie. a dense short lofted HMW?

Hey, give me some time will ya. :biggrin1: This was my fist order. These people don't know me yet. I'll work on them eventually. I promise.

I do have to say that I was very impressed with this first order though. The European Grey exceeded my expectations. The Chinese Grey was about what I expected through. It's looks to be a coarse form of a Pure Badger. However, the handle that I picked (faux horn) is absolutely stunning. I would imagine that it would soften with use and will certainly fill a certain niche.

Some good news though, although there is a mix of two-band and three-band High Mountain White brushes in this order, I have gotten a commitment from Plisson to work with me on future orders to provide only two-band HMW. Of course, I have to sell a significant number of brushes before there is even the thought of another order. So, let's hope the demand for high end shaving brushes improves in the near future. :thumbup:

Yes, I know what you mean. I had that one set aside for myself. And then this character from Texas wrote us and said he just had to have it. Pleaded actually. Some people have no shame. :biggrin:

SOMEHOW I am resisting the urge to buy a honking big HMW Plisson in Genuine Horn ( for now). A #16 is in my future but then again a 1961 birthdate Dunhill pipe is too! Decisions Decisions....:rolleyes:

Yes, I know what you mean. I had that one set aside for myself. And then this character from Texas wrote us and said he just had to have it. Pleaded actually. Some people have no shame. :biggrin:

I honestly figured this brush would already be sold because I didn't see the new pix when they were first posted. After my jaw recovered from hitting the floor I wrote to see if by some odd chance it might still be available. Erin told me you had picked that one out for yourself but I thought she was kidding since she told me it was available. Now I really feel privileged to own it. Thanks Jim for sending it my way! This is yet another example of why Vintage Blades is such a class operation and why I'll remain a loyal customer.

I honestly figured this brush would already be sold because I didn't see the new pix when they were first posted. After my jaw recovered from hitting the floor I wrote to see if by some odd chance it might still be available. Erin told me you had picked that one out for yourself but I thought she was kidding since she told me it was available. Now I really feel privileged to own it. Thanks Jim for sending it my way! This is yet another example of why Vintage Blades is such a class operation and why I'll remain a loyal customer.

Congrats on that beautiful brush. After shaving with that brush you'll probably never want use another. Especially your pre-fix Simpson Tulip 2.. Please pm me your paypal information. :whistling:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
SOMEHOW I am resisting the urge to buy a honking big HMW Plisson in Genuine Horn ( for now).

How many zeroes are in Plus a GAZILLION !!!

Not sure if this is the cloud or the silver lining but Vintageblades no longer ships to Canada.

Why exactly I need to pay my mortgage instead of buying more brushes is beyond me, but anyhow that's what I'll be doing this month. :blink:

Congrats on that beautiful brush. After shaving with that brush you'll probably never want use another. Especially your pre-fix Simpson Tulip 2.. Please pm me your paypal information. :whistling:

Bob, You should know.. that Tulip had your name on it, before it went to Stephan :biggrin1:

So it would be good Karma if it came back to you

Ameet

Top Bottom