What's new

The Pawn Stars Rick Harrison advertises One Razor by Micro Touch on TV

How do the shaves compare ?

I haven't used the Super Speed in a while, but this razor is mild yet effective. Achieved a effortless, comfortable close shave in 3 passes. If I was running late for work, I would pick this one up and whip through 3 pass and be satisfied. After I shaved with this, I did one pass under my jaw with my New LC. With the New LC, I'm usually 3 and done.

I've been saying for a long time that the Weishi is 90% of an old Gillette. The fit and finish isn't as refined, but the shave is there. And although the MicroTouch one is a bit pricy, other Weishi vendors are a lot more reasonable.

It makes a great travel razor I'm not afraid of losing.

Hello I'm new to the forum and new to wet shaving. Not knowing anything about de razors I bought this one at my local Walgreen's. I was a cartridge shaver all my life and just got tired of spending so much money for the cartridge refills so I made the decision of switching to de razors to save money. I still only own this razor and I think it does a decent job in shaving my head and my face. After lurking in these forums and reading many different posts and topic I'm ready to buy other razors and blades, brushes. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I purchased one of these at wally world. Shaved with Ot for a week and discovered B&B in that time. Was not a bad shave as it was my fist DE ever but had always wanted to give it a try. Now I have 3 razor rocks and enjoying the experience and learning a new skill.I have even putting together a kit for my son who is in Basic training, and a traveL kit. It is fun to try the different soaps and blades,ext.. Even one of the guys in my shop has talked about this commercial and purchasing one. May have to PIF him a kit in the near future. I am new here, enjoying the forum
Chris

Finally saw one in the wild in Canada. They have them up near the checkout at Bed Bath and Beyond.

After so long hearing of you Americans having them everywhere.

I can see how Rick's commercial for the DE razor might introduce many people to wet shaving. He is a good spokesman for that product.

Since I live in Vegas I have friends & relatives who visit me. They always want to go down to their pawn shop. I've been to their pawn shop 3-4 times. One day I saw "Old Man" behind the counter as well. He is the primary reason I enjoy watching that show. He gives the show a little bit or character. I haven't seen Rick, Hoss or Chumlee yet.

While MTO isn't the highest quality of razor, at least the ad is introducing DE razors to people who might otherwise never think of using them. So many younger men have only seen people shaving with cartridge razors. Who knows maybe they use those fancy smartphones to google B&B to find some "good" razors to buy.

While MTO isn't the highest quality of razor, at least the ad is introducing DE razors to people who might otherwise never think of using them. So many younger men have only seen people shaving with cartridge razors. Who knows maybe they use those fancy smartphones to google B&B to find some "good" razors to buy.

It's what got me and quite a few others here for sure. Now I have "too many" DEs and shavettes.... I think I need more though.

This razor is what brought me here as well. It is unfortunate that I just discovered this a month and a half ago. I do believe that people will find B&B and discover a whole new world. Thanks to all who help show us new guys the way.

"The video has been removed for copyright infringement"

This is a commercial, right? Being played in a venue with a huge audience for free right? What variety of corporate idiot could possibly have a problem with their commercial being played for free? The only thing I can think of is the celebrity has some kind of agreement for how and/or how often his image can be used, or maybe YouTube has rules on playing commercials? Anyone in the know on these kinds of things?

Well there are lots of old commercials on YouTube. So they don't care. I think the idea that it's being played without the Harrison guy getting a fee is the explanation. I really doubt Rick Harrison is running a razor import business. He's selling his image.

I suspect that someone had monetization (the commercials that play before Youtube videos, and the ads that display over the bottom of them) enabled and was making actual money from people watching the commercial. There are other posts of it on Youtube. They want to funnel you to the one that they prefer, with their ads.

I don't have television, so I was not sure what everyone was talking about here. I am aware of Pawn Stars but had not seen the commercial. I was at a conference this week so actually had a television to watch and saw the commercial for this. Nicely done and if it brings a few more people into this hobby, well, we just might take over the world.

I don't have television, so I was not sure what everyone was talking about here. I am aware of Pawn Stars but had not seen the commercial. I was at a conference this week so actually had a television to watch and saw the commercial for this. Nicely done and if it brings a few more people into this hobby, well, we just might take over the world.

I don't have a TV either. And I just saw the commercial today for the first time.

It plays in the opening screen of the razor's website. And I noticed that buying directly gets you an extra 12 blades.

Mrb7 ... +1
The MTO is a little overpriced IMHO, but the shave is there. Picked my Weishi up at Sally's (for a lot less than the MTO I might add) to keep in my travel kit. Hadn't used it since April, but after reading this thread for a while I decided to drag it out and give it a go this morning. Shaved great; three pass w/touch up and produced a better than a socially acceptable shave ... just what I needed for a quick 2-pass tomorrow AM before church.

Weishi is a great little shaver for the price, very mild (almost to a fault) ... and a great introduction to the art of DE shaving for those who are hesitant about putting blade to face and ending up as chum.:w00t:

Last edited:
I saw this in Ross today for $13.99. This was the package with 12 blades and a stand. Thinking about picking one up for travel.

Top Bottom