What's new

The Passaround Box, Second Attempt (Previous list members only please)

The Box obviously was lost about halfway through. Rick did a good thing here and I'm not willing to let it end the way it did, so I have a small amount of stuff to start the Box up again. We're going to need more to get it going the way it was before, so if anyone who was willing to donate to the Box to help get it started again, please shoot me a PM so I can add it to the pile.

I'm not going to allow any new people to join the list, as we are merely finishing up what we started.

The rules are the same. Everyone remaining on the list needs to PM me their full name, address, email, and phone number. Anybody that knows they will not be home to pick up the box needs to let me know so that we can put you down the list to let someone else have a turn and not hold the Box up for too long.

This is a gentlemanly site with lots of good people on it, and most of us are trustworthy, upstanding members. The box will be kept for no longer than 5 days and then passed to the next person on the list. Please PM the next person on the list to make sure they will be there to get the Box, and if they don't respond within a few days, PM the next one down the list. This will allow things to keep moving at a reasonable speed.

You will take out $30ish worth of items from the Box, and put in $30ish to send out. If you have already given a donation, you may take a little extra. Depending on how much is in the Box at the moment, I may or may not alter the value requirements slightly. You MUST take a picture of what you take out and post it to the thread. You MUST take a picture of what is in the Box at the moment and send it to me @ sychodelix AT geemail DOT Com (I'm sure you can make out what that really says).

You MUST have a tracking number when mailing the Box out, and make sure you send that number to both me and the person you are mailing it to, so that we can keep watch. Insurance would be nice too, as it's generally not that expensive.

The Box will start back up as soon as I have all the remaining people's info, and enough donations to ship it back out. I'm adding some of my own stuff to help (even though I've already put way more in than I should have needed to). Anyone that wants to help out with shipping PM me to let me know and you can paypal it to the same email addy as above.

These are the current people left on the list as it stands now. Nobody else is eligible to join, as we have enough people as it is.

sychodelix
viper16
Dreaded_Rust (APO) <<<< moving from APO/ Italy to Western, USA
mattdenicola
TheVez2
bbarton713
cdhumiston
TnutsShave
b.diddly
DevinLT1966
jiminyshiznit
rifph
SirLurkalot
BubblesTGB
Helzerr
catherix
Head_Rigger
jzuzphreek
intotheforge
hotreds
CharlieFoxtrot

I will post updates here when we have enough to ship the Box out again and have everyone's contact info that still wants to be involved.

Last edited:
List members can feel free to post here and talk about it if they want, or just the occasional silly comment is fine too. I'll try to post frequent enough updates so that everyone can stay updated on what's going on.

We've already got a few people that have been interested in making extra donations, so it looks like we're on our way. If anybody else wants to make a donation to the new Box, or help out with shipping, PM me to let me know.

Make sure any donations have a tracking number that you can PM to me, and you can PM me for my address.

Last edited:
One more note. No Gillette Techs, PLEASE. They are nice little razors, but the Canadian members already sent several, plus some extra handles, so any razors are fine, but we've got plenty of Techs.

Sychodelix, Thanks for doing this and count me in. I need to rummage around and see what I have to add to help get the box started.

Great! I've come up with a few items laying around here that I wouldn't mind parting with, so I'm thinking the Box will be pretty packed again in no time.

I used my stuff up on the last box, so I have nothing to contribute at this time. I will end up skipping this I believe, but best of luck. :)

I'm game to give this another shot. I pre-contributed to the last box, I'll see if I can scrounge something else up though.

I'm game to give this another shot. I pre-contributed to the last box, I'll see if I can scrounge something else up though.

I too sent my contributions already but I had a second stash waiting to kick in as well. I also found a sweet little deal today that's headed for the box.

I should have it in the mail this week and we can get this ball rolling again!

Sweet!

Over half of the list has sent me their info and lots of plans of extra contributions. We're definitely getting back in gear.

I too sent my contributions already but I had a second stash waiting to kick in as well. I also found a sweet little deal today that's headed for the box.

I should have it in the mail this week and we can get this ball rolling again!

Whoo hoo!!! Thanks Jason! Time to hit the flea markets/antique stores. I know there's a Krona and some NOS vintage aftershaves in a few places here.

I have a question for all involved. There are a few members that haven't been active at all for several months that are left on the list, and honestly, it bothers me, especially with the way the Box ended abruptly last time. Of course, if those people don't respond at all to my PM's they'll be dropped when the Box is ready. But risk is risk.

I'm considering looking for anybody who doesn't make "quality" posts at least once in a while, and dropping them to the bottom of the list, so that everyone else gets a chance at the box first. Anybody have any issues with that?

Whoo hoo!!! Thanks Jason! Time to hit the flea markets/antique stores. I know there's a Krona and some NOS vintage aftershaves in a few places here.

Krona razors get no respect so you better just send it to me. :wink2:

I'm considering looking for anybody who doesn't make "quality" posts at least once in a while, and dropping them to the bottom of the list, so that everyone else gets a chance at the box first. Anybody have any issues with that?

I think that sounds fair, especially after not responding to a PM.

I'm cool with whatever. I did just get some p.160 that I enjoy the scent, but I still have Panna that is calling my name!

Top Bottom