What's new

The Passaround Box, Second Attempt (Previous list members only please)

Updated List So Far (Been a while since I’ve seen the list)

CharlieFoxtrot (Godrej SC, MDC sample, GSB blades, Jose L Pedra Cigars)
temjeito (Cella, Pipe tobacco, Cigars, Noodlers Ink)
JayEddie (Speick EDC, Jermyn St. sample, Fat Tech handle, Mr. Taylor SC)
lowjax (Vintage Williams puck, Fat Handled Tech razor, PolSilver SI blades, Personna Blue blades, Jovan Soap, Derby Cream, Cezve and tea)
Dreaded_Rust (PdP soap, Rooney brush, Cigar)
DevinLT1966 (Field Notebook, MWF Bar Soap, Williams Soap, Personna Platinums)
catherix (Moleskin Notebook, Noodler’s Ink, Musgo Real cream, Clubman Hair Tonic)
Demaskee (MWF, Gillette Superspeed, Voskhod blades)
mattdenicola (QCS Basilica, Black Badger Brush)
riFph (MW Orange Vanilla, MW Maestrale, WSP Boar)
mikegray (B&M vetiver/heather/clary sage, C&E Sandalwood, GEM 1912, Treet blades)
Helzerr (MW Marrakesh, Cade soap, Gillette OC)
Rockminer (W&B Straight, Pinaud Vanilla)
plpenn (Tie, Buck Knife)
jzuzphreek
TheVez2
BubblesTGB
Head_Rigger
intotheforge
bbarton713
hotreds
CharlieFoxtrot (Round 2 Ends)

lowjax (Vintage Williams puck, Fat Handled Tech razor, PolSilver SI blades, Personna Blue blades, Jovan Soap, Derby Cream, Cezve and tea)
catherix (Moleskin Notebook, Noodler’s Ink, Musgo Real cream, Clubman Hair Tonic)
mikegray (B&M vetiver/heather/clary sage, C&E Sandalwood, GEM 1912, Treet blades)
plpenn (Tie, Buck Knife)
jzuzphreek (La Toja splash, Hot Water edt, RR ASwax)
TheVez2
BubblesTGB
Head_Rigger
intotheforge
bbarton713
hotreds

Well, the box is headed over to Vez! I hope you don't have back trouble!

A couple things were weeded out (empty containers, contraband, etc). But here are my takes! I fell in LOVE with the La Toja splash! Which is crazy, because I really don't care for the scent of the shave stick.

$CAM01028.jpg

Just so we're on the up and up, the contraband items have been removed, and will soon be en route to our brave soldiers serving overseas. Let's remember that all tobacco exchanges should ONLY be done within the new Brown Leaf stock exchange. Thank you all for making this passaround box so successful and fun!

Tracking to Vez - 9114901189866057480315

Well of course... I gave the tracking number of the one that had been voided (the clerk thought I had already paid for postage and rang it up for $0.00... this is the same clerk that charges extra if your envelopes contain wax seals).

the REAL tracking number is

You've got mail TheVez!

Man, I wish that King Louis aftershave wax had been in there when I got the box! I LOVE RR aftershave wax. You only need the tiniest of dabs and it's wonderful. I have a super small sample of the King Louis and love using it. I ordered the original RR aftershave wax and love the smell, but it's just not quite the King Louis. If you want to trade a small sample let me know :) The 888 is great as well, and it's a little more cooling thanks to the Eucalyptus.

I've been wanting to try their aftershave wax for the longest time! Now I'm hooked! What's the fragrance of the original? Anything you can compare it to?

Man, I wish that King Louis aftershave wax had been in there when I got the box! I LOVE RR aftershave wax. You only need the tiniest of dabs and it's wonderful. I have a super small sample of the King Louis and love using it. I ordered the original RR aftershave wax and love the smell, but it's just not quite the King Louis. If you want to trade a small sample let me know :) The 888 is great as well, and it's a little more cooling thanks to the Eucalyptus.

I know this feeling. There have been a few things come out of the box since I've had it that I would have loved to grab.

I've been wanting to try their aftershave wax for the longest time! Now I'm hooked! What's the fragrance of the original? Anything you can compare it to?

I have kind of oily skin. Would the wax be OK for that skin type? Almost all balms, save a very few, make my face feel greasy and oily.

hm... that's a good question. My skin is pretty dry and it works great for me. My assumption would be that if other balms are a no/go, this one probably would be as well.

Hey guys. I just got back into town. Went to the PO and picked up the box. Didn't think I was going to get around to it today, but I went ahead and opened it, made my choices, added a heap load (would have added more but it wouldn't fit) and its packed up and ready to go as soon as Bubbles sends me an address. Pics later, I'm tired and need to go to bed.

In my mind barbershop seems to crop up when I think about it. I like it quite a lot. I have been using Panna Crema Lavandotto quite a bit lately so I reach for what is left of my king louis sample.

I have kind of oily skin. Would the wax be OK for that skin type? Almost all balms, save a very few, make my face feel greasy and oily.
It may actually be ok for you, given that a little bit goes a long way there isn't a lot of product to change the way your skin feels, I dip the very tip of my finger in the jar so the diameter of the drop is maybe between .5 - 1 cm (1/4"). Then apply on a damp to wet face. If I can find some type of small container laying around I'll send you a little bit of mine to try. It may even survive just fine in a small plastic bag in an envelope...

In my mind barbershop seems to crop up when I think about it. I like it quite a lot. I have been using Panna Crema Lavandotto quite a bit lately so I reach for what is left of my king louis sample.

The original is a complex scent. But it's incredible. In one word, I would say it is "masculine". One of the most masculine scents I have in my den, right up on par in masculinity with Eucris. Now, it smells absolutely nothing like Eucris. But simply from a categorization standpoint those are my two boldest, most masculine scents. Other concepts come to mind regarding the scent, like spicy, bold, earthy, decongesting, and fresh. There is definitely patchouli and sandalwood up front. But the coriander, juniper, fir needle, and citrus definitely come through in all the right ways. Very well balanced from a scent perspective. I wish I had a shave soap in this scent.

Performance wise, it is just as awesome. One of my favorite overall products.

Ingredients: Orange Blossom Water, Grain Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Essential Oils of Lavender, of Coriander, of Juniper, of Sandalwood, of Tangerine, of Patchouli, of Fir Needle and of Lemon.

Here is a pic of my takes. The box is on its way again and should arrive to its next victim on Monday.

Feather blades
English Leather Aftershave
Musgo Real bar soap
Old Spice shaving cream
fountain pen
proxy.php

Updated list
plpenn (Tie, Buck Knife)
jzuzphreek (La Toja splash, Hot Water edt, RR ASwax)
TheVez2 (English Leather AS, Musgo bar soap, feather blades, OS cream, pen)
BubblesTGB
Head_Rigger
intotheforge
bbarton713
hotreds

I'd certainly like to be part of round 3, but we need some new blood... trustworthy new blood, that is. And I'd like to be further down the list. I'll need some time to acquire better stuff.

Top Bottom