What's new

The Parker Adjustable Razor

I had forgotten what a delightful and effective razor the Parker Variant adjustable razor is. I had not used it for several months, and it was hiding in my collection of about 70 DE and SE razors.

I used it this morning, and my tough whiskers received a perfect 3 pass shave on a 3.5 setting on the 5-setting dial. I found the Parker Variant razor to have perfect knurling (nice and grippy), perfect handle length (slightly long, but not too long), and a perfect weight (slightly heavy, which makes it formidable and effective). I also found it well made and durable. Most of all, it is an outstanding performer. The Parker Variant adjustable razor and my face have resumed a love affair.

Life is good and the shaving in wonderful.

Last edited:
I had forgotten what a delightful and effective razor the Parker Variant adjustable razor is. I had not used it for several months, and it was hiding in my collection of about 70 DE and SE razors.

I used it this morning, and my tough whiskers received a perfect 3 pass shave on a 3.5 setting on the 5-setting dial. I found the Parker Variant razor to have perfect knurling (nice and grippy), perfect handle length (slightly long, but not too long), and a perfect weight (slightly heavy, which makes it formidable and effective). I also found it well made and durable. Most of all, it is an outstanding performer. The Parker Variant adjustable razor and my face have resumed a love affair.

Life is good and the shaving in wonderful.
I know very well what's the issue of dozens and dozens of razors, creams afters and everything else.

So many things and so few shaves.😂😂😂

I have a Variant and like it a lot. I get excellent results with a full range of different blades. The high domed top cap doesn't get in the way when in tight places. It has rather loud feedback, but despite peoples experiences with blade chatter, it doesn't seem to matter; it gives me a smooth comfortable shave.

I just got a Variant and have used it 3 times. Great razor but a bit heavy for my taste. It takes a little getting used to as I have been a GC84 for some time, which weighs next to nothing. Go slow with the Variant and it gives a great shave on even a mild setting.

Haven't seen a lot of traffic on this thread.

Anyway.....I love my Parker Variant. I can get a really close shave with not a lot of effort. The handle gives a good grip as well. That's why I gave away my Merkur Progress - too slippery with soap on my fingers.

I have never tried one of these. Of course I have not tried a Merkur Progress either. I guess there are now 2 more razors I now need to try to find one of !!

Top Bottom