What's new

The other Brut scents

Has anyone used Brut scents other than the Classic? I see that they have Brut Musk, Sport, Attraction Totale, and more. Curious as to what they're like, if I should pull the trigger on Amazon?

I have not tried the other varieties, but I will say that Et Tu from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is a very nice take on the classic Brut, and you get the benefit of more skin-friendly ingredients. I've been enjoying it.

Sorry, I know this wasn't very helpful, but I hope you get some helpful responses soon.

Brut ownership is spilt by geographical location, so the Brut in Europe has a different owner to the distributor in North America. As far aa I am aware Europe is Unilever, North America is Helen of Troy. Then possibly different owners in India, Australia and Brazil.

I had Sport Style, Musk, and Oceans. I have since sold them off. They were all pretty sweet smelling. Musk was the sweetest...somewhat like Clubman Musk. Oceans was the least sweet and was a nice aquatic scent. Sport Style is hard to describe. I got some melon in there, but is was probably my favorite of the 3. I just did not reach for them often, and needed some den clearing.

Just my opinion, but I think the best aftershave Brut ever released was Brut Dominant. It was from Helen of Troy/Idelle Labs in the USA (I think the bottle says "Made in Mexico"). Just an absolutely fantastic smell and dry down in a wonderful glass bottle. Like much of what we love in this community, manufacturing of it came to an end and it was discontinued about 4 years ago. I managed to buy about 7 bottles before it was gone at reasonable prices ($6 or $7 per). Soon after it was no longer available at retail, for awhile it was found in California discount stores for $1 per bottle, and that's supposedly where the loose stock on
Ebay is from.
proxy.php

I was just in Singapore and picked up two bottles of Brut (Unilever //UK made).

"Original" is pretty limey and smells softer, not as spicy, as the Brut I remember as a kid in the States.
"Musk" smells pretty close to English Leather, but again softer.

Both are alcohol based, but seem to have much more of a nourishing lotion feel to them than a dry alcohol feel. All in all, not too bad for 4 bucks each.

Also, after three days of searching the malls in Singapore, it turned out that balms were common, mostly Nivea. But my quest was for aftershave. The only place I could find aftershave was in Little India at Mustaffa. Happy hunting.

Apart from the regular Brut we have here in the UK. I loved the now defunked Brut Instinct. A Lovely summery scent of lemons and alike.

159145.jpg

It occasionally pops up on the bay but for astronomical prices. I used to pay around £5 a pop.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
No way, 😭 has it been replaced by anything else? I know special reserve was meant to be the replacement for Brut classic

It wasn’t replaced with anything else. You can still find it online at eBay and other places, but the prices are 10 times the amount over the original $7 a bottle I used to pay.

It wasn’t replaced with anything else. You can still find it online at eBay and other places, but the prices are 10 times the amount over the original $7 a bottle I used to pay.
Wow, at that price I won't bother, such a shame to see the way they are running this product line into the ground with the cheap crud they are calling Brut nowadays, Special reserve was the saving grace of the product line

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Wow, at that price I won't bother, such a shame to see the way they are running this product line into the ground with the cheap crud they are calling Brut nowadays, Special reserve was the saving grace of the product line

I agree. I have several bottles of vintage Brut aftershave by Faberge; and I loved finishing with a couple of sprays from Brut Special Reserve. It smelled soooooo good.

I wish I would have stocked up on it, but I didn’t know it had been discontinued until I couldn’t find it anymore. I too, will not pay $40 a bottle for it.

Top Bottom