What's new

The Order of the Fat

My shave den has a reserved spot for MWF. Let me in! LOL.
IMG_0474.JPG

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Mitchell's was my first ever proper soap after a couple of decades with canned foam and then gels. Since that first purchase, the only other soap I've added is Palmolive shave stick for travel (and occasional home use).

Mitchell's is however the soap that stays in my bathroom full time, and is the only soap my one brush has ever touched (Palmolive just needs wet fingers). As a Yorkshireman, it's nice to know that the finest shaving soap is made right here in this county, just 40 miles from the sink where I use it :D

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Yorkshire is also the home of one of my favorite actors, Sean Bean. I love the whole Sharpe series.

I never met the guy, but my brother has. He hails from the next village to where I grew up, and my brother lived there for a while when Sean still got involved in neighbourhood activities there (like opening recreation areas).

I've had a few beers in the pub that was his local, but that's been closed down now, and the last I heard it had been converted to a pre-school nursery (I think you might call them a kindergarten)

Mitchell's was my first ever proper soap after a couple of decades with canned foam and then gels. Since that first purchase, the only other soap I've added is Palmolive shave stick for travel (and occasional home use).

Mitchell's is however the soap that stays in my bathroom full time, and is the only soap my one brush has ever touched (Palmolive just needs wet fingers). As a Yorkshireman, it's nice to know that the finest shaving soap is made right here in this county, just 40 miles from the sink where I use it :D
You come from a blessed place sir :001_tongu

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
You come from a blessed place sir :001_tongu

:lol: In shaving terms, maybe so. The home of Edwin Jagger, Darwin, and many assorted straights, and Mitchells 45 minutes up the road :D

As an aside, the oldest working nasal snuff mill in the world is also in Sheffield, originally powered by water just like so many grinding hulls, and forges, it's now powered by electricity - but the original waterwheel driven machinery is still working. A couple of other waterwheel driven sites have been converted to museums. Both were for larger knives and scythes, but I dare say some straight razors may have been sharpened at Shepherd Wheel over the centuries.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
How can I join? Is there a secret handshake? A codeword?
Out riding the fatbike in the snow today, all day looking forward to a long and slow shave with the Fat.
3 passes on the face and head tonight- luxurious!

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Enjoyed the Grit a few years back, undoubtedly God's own rock. Often I wish I could click my heels and be back at Stanage.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Not dead, just resting :)

I finished a puck this year, and replaced it too. I'm currently working through a load of craft soaps I bought, and trying a few other soaps to see if there's anything else I want to add to the repeat purchase list along with The Fat. This means I'm going to be leaving that new puck in the drawer for a while, but Mitchell's remains top of the list for repeat purchases, even if I'm not using it exclusively at the moment..

A decade on and MWF is still my #1 soap!

My rotation has ballooned to 120 and overall soaps used would be 200+ however, nothing touches MWF!!

I've now switched to using MWF in shave stick format (grated and packed into plastic tube). I find it just works better this way and retains its lovely scent all the way through...I really don't like how the puck gets mushy about half way through and loses most of its scent.

Top Bottom