What's new

The Order of the Fat

A stern test of any soap is getting a great shave even when you screw up your lather. In this regard, the Fat delivered big time for me today!

This morning I had to really rush my shave and my lathering technique left a LOT to be desired (it consisted of just a few swirls of the brush on the soap and a few more on my face). The lather looked dodgy as hell but it functioned perfectly...

MWF is the only soap I have used that can achieve this. Any other soap would have yielded a very rough shave indeed - the effects of which I would be dealing with for a couple of days afterwards.

Long live The Fat 🙂

The more you use it, the easier the soap gets.

Surprised there are more recent posts for discontinued Williams soap compared to MWF. Posting a link (below) to some interesting info on the MWF company folks may find of interest.

MWF is one of my favorite soaps. Excellent shaving performance from lather that delivers a luxurious feel with excellent cushion and slickness. Enjoy the mild scent and nice post shave feel, likely from the lanolin.

Mitchell's Wool Fat (tallow) was the soap today. It produces an excellent shave every time!

Michell's Wool Fat.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Now the name of MWF is an oxymoron without tallow in it’s reformulation :frown2:
MWF stands for Mitchell's Wool Fat. No mention of tallow in the name. My understanding is that the new formulation will still have lanolin. So, since there is still wool fat in Mitchell's Wool Fat, the Order of the Fat would still be valid for those who choose to carry on. :)

Personally, I will reserve judgement until I have an opportunity to try the new formulation.

I'm old, and have more than enough MWF to last me forever. I also have other tallow soaps that, in my opinion, perform on a par with MWF.

Just my random thoughts on the subject. :)

Top Bottom