What's new

The Order of the Fat

MWF and Latoja are the only soaps I actualy want to use anymore. I have so many great soaps. That I should be using but I just skip over them and grab my jar of MWF. Most of the time.

I used to use MWF 8 out of 10 shaves but now with 120 soaps, it's difficult to achieve more than 1 out of 10 shaves with MWF.

It's still my favorite soap though but I really enjoy the variety too much to use it more often.

When traveling though, MWF gets used 6 out of 10 shaves.

I kind of like using a different soap for a while. Cause when you return to Da Fat, it's always a delight to rediscover how good it is.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I kind of like using a different soap for a while. Cause when you return to Da Fat, it's always a delight to rediscover how good it is.

You're not wrong!

I recently got myself a new puck (complete with the ceramic dish), and it's a delight to have it back accessible again.

Second 50 years, wouldn't that be sweet! I've been wet shaving for at least 10 years, but never got away from the store-bought foam until recently, when I began to wax nostalgic about my Dad's Old Spice mug. Looking into that led me to the incredible array of amazing soaps and creams available. Having tried about 5 or 6, I find that I really like MWF as well as tallow-based soaps. But there's so many I couldn't get through them in a lifetime.

This morning I lathered up a Parker brush with a nice extra wet load of the Fat. Nothing leaves my face feeling so comforted!
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have to say, I miss MWF. It used to be just about my favorite soap, up there with Tabac, but my face seems to have developed a lanolin sensitivity. I still use it sometimes, since the tingling is relatively mild (not shave-ending burning like avocado or rosemary oil does to me), but my days of MWF + SOC being my never-fail go-to lathering combo seem to be at an end.

Top Bottom