What's new

(The only) 5 Polos that should be in your closet

1. Johnnie O. My go to. Love their NCAA and MLB polos.
2. Travis Mathew. For stripes.
3. Criquet. Just got my first 2. Love them. Old school 4-button placket
4. Peter Millar.
5. (since I'm listing 5) Under Armour. My knockaround polo for yard work.

Some of my worst purchases were polos outside this 5. Chasing "deals", I've spend way too much on polos. When I dropped 25 pounds and went from XL to L, I cleaned out and focused 90% on 1-3 and a couple of Millar's and Under Armour's for excessively casual situations.

I'm sure my saying this won't be popular, but I really like the Polo by RL. I'm a big guy and they fit just right (I need to get the talls though). Heck, even when I was in shape, they fit just right. Maybe it is my age, and remembering the 1980s, but to me they are the standard (there are better, there are worse, but they are what I compare other polos to). They are also the "just right"...Most polos that are better are out of this teacher's price range, and anything cheaper just isn't as good.

I have
Only heard of #5. I have 1 polo in my closet. Not sure who makes it.....
I am also ignorant of current offerings. When I think about Polo shirts I first think of the ones with logos of an Alligator, Polo-Playing-Horse-Rider, White-Red-squares-inside-a-blue-sandwich-Flag, Whale, or just some small squiggly stitching to signify "hey this is my brand". Then again I mostly treat Polo shirts as a causal wear a couple of steps above a printed T-shirt. I look for inexpensive ones without any logo.

I like Polos since they have a collar but sometimes the fabric weight is too heavy on for a hot summer day.

I'm sure my saying this won't be popular, but I really like the Polo by RL. I'm a big guy and they fit just right (I need to get the talls though). Heck, even when I was in shape, they fit just right. Maybe it is my age, and remembering the 1980s, but to me they are the standard (there are better, there are worse, but they are what I compare other polos to). They are also the "just right"...Most polos that are better are out of this teacher's price range, and anything cheaper just isn't as good.

+1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+2

Top Bottom