What's new

The One Thing I hate about My Shavemac

is when it's stuck in customs :sob:

$Shavemac Custom Delay C.jpg

I have one ordered, but it's a custom job that hasn't shipped (probably not crafted just yet). What brush are you expecting?
For my part, I have a 26mm Americana in the works.

I have one ordered, but it's a custom job that hasn't shipped (probably not crafted just yet). What brush are you expecting?
For my part, I have a 26mm Americana in the works.

Americana is a great brush. Congrats! (I've got one in the Silvertip 2-Band, 24x54).

The brush stuck in the void is custom, with a #25 handle, brown/black, DO1 3-Band. It's a massive 26x60! I love big brushes.

BTW, I've ordered from Shavemac before and this has never happened. My orders always sailed right thru customs.

Americana is a great brush. Congrats! (I've got one in the Silvertip 2-Band, 24x54).

The brush stuck in the void is custom, with a #25 handle, brown/black, DO1 3-Band. It's a massive 26x60! I love big brushes.

BTW, I've ordered from Shavemac before and this has never happened. My orders always sailed right thru customs.
Maybe it's the crack-down on immigrants/refugees...was your shipment routed through Syria?? :001_rolle

Maybe it's the crack-down on immigrants/refugees...was your shipment routed through Syria?? :001_rolle

I paid extra to avoid Syria (and Libya), but I'm afraid that's a possibility and would explain the deafening silence from our government.

I just hope my brush has enough backbone to endure the interrogations. :blink:

I know it's hard, but be patient!
26x60mm...that's a big brush! enjoy!

Gentlemen, this morning FedEx called to say my brush was released from customs! As I was digesting the wonderful news, the nice FedEx lady asked me for my street address. Huh? Why would they need my address since it's on the box? Well, it turns out the U.S. Department of Wildlife folks, upon opening the package, destroyed the shipping information. FedEx wanted the address for matters of expediency as the truck was departing in a few minutes. My pulse began racing thinking the worst had happened...maybe my brush sustained damage....maybe customs waterboarded my Shavemac (but then I realized the brush would probably enjoy that).

Anyway, the paranoia was for nothing...she arrived in perfect condition.

After a 7 day delay, I present you my Shavemac #25 Brown Black DO1 3-Band (prebloom).....

$Shavemac25BrnBlk B.jpg

I sincerely wish that none of you will have to go thru this experience.

Congratulations and I hope that you enjoy the new brush.

The one thing that I hate about my Shavemacs is that they made me realize that I should have started to buy them years earlier. They are that good.

Congrats, glad it made it to you safely. I have a smaller version with the same handle shape, same knot grade, but 22/46. Terrific performer with a lot of character.

Thank you Gentlemen for your kind words.

I've put the brush thru its paces for the last 2 shaves and I have a couple of observations that are subject to YMMV:

I'm primarily a bowl latherer. That said, through the process of buying 7 Shavemacs, I've discovered that I love big brushes, that have strong backbone, with great flow and no scritch. This Shavemac checks all the boxes. I LOVE IT!

Also, I wonder if others have noticed that the 2-Band Silvertip bulb is somewhat pointy and the DO1 is more of a hybrid. I've come to realize I prefer the less pointy bulb knots.

My last observation has to do with handles. I learned that a few smooth and/or short handles (eg. 167, 386, 173) would slip into the bowl while it was soaking. I don't like that. So, I began ordering only handles with ribbing that would catch the lip of the bowl. Maybe a minor thing, but when paying Shavemac prices, I try to get everything right.

Oh well, enough of my observations. For matters of size comparison here's a pic of my new Shavemac, along with it's smaller brother. (Both are DO1 3-Band bulb). FYI, according to my digital caliper, the big boy is 28x61 and the small one is 24x55. Please note, in my experience with custom Shavemacs, Bernd packs the knots slightly larger than ordered.

$Shavemac 2 Brn Blk.jpg

Top Bottom