What's new

The one razor you regret selling

This morning I was shaving with my UK made Red Tip Superspeed (which I
had almost sold in a fog of confusion a few months ago).

Despite using canned foam, the shave was just so refined and smooth.

Made me think the only other razor Ive had that shaved close to the RTUK.

The razor in the #22 set (3rd Gen Aristocrat), with the flat baseplate, Pat
No. 430 030 and made in England printed on it.

Which I sadly sold a couple of years ago.

Do you have any razors you regret selling and why?

Mine was a Barbaros TR-1. Took me almost two years searching before I found another for sale that I could live with the price. My other regret was a near flawless coronation set Aristocrat....granted it sold for enough that it's hard to regret selling that one. Especially considering I only paid $30 for it.

Mine would be the SS General V1 that I sold 3yrs ago after acquiring my Timeless Ti95. I sold it not because it didn't shave great, it was because I only picked it up maybe 2 times in about 6 months time. The actual shave results were very much on par with the Ti95, both 2 pass BBS 20+ hr shaves. My thinking was if I ain't using it, it would better serve someone else better than me!! The only razor I have thought about possibly bringing back into the fold would be either a V1 or V2 SS General but I seem to talk myself out of it just as quick as talking myself into it or after I shave with the Ti95 the desire goes away!!

A Weber PH I sold off years ago. Fell into the vintage rabbit hole. "Want" reared its head again and I bought another, at slightly over twice what I sold mine for.

Boxed Rhodium plated Gillette Executive in almost-new conditions.
But it was during a very hard period of my life and I was forced to let it go.

GilletteExecutive_07-17.png

The second biggest regret is the bleeding departure of a gold plated Gillette Toggle (F4) for the very same reason but it wasn't near as rare as the Executive.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I actually have 3.

Gillette Minora
Gillette 7o’clock (UK) head with a cooncatbob bull mastiff handle
Gillette super speed red tip

they were all excellent shavers. You realize that when you don’t have them anymore! I now keep everything.

i have many razors that didn’t see daylight since 2012...

Filarmonica Novodur 13. Sold it several years ago when I thought str8 shaving would never be for me. How times have changed, and how do I miss that razor...

Anything I ever regretted selling, I was able to buy it again and realize why I had sold it.

not regretting much in the “out” pile. I’m sure that could change when something becomes unobtanium.

Top Bottom