What's new

The oldest coupon you've ever redeemed.

I haven't posted in one of the shaving forums here in quite a while. To the extent that I'm still active in B&B, it's mostly in The Nib. Today I was going to post a photo in the "what's in your pocket" thread of my Pelikan M205 with replacement M400 medium nib (and Sailor Jentle Doyou ink) and Pentel Kerry 0.7mm pencil with 2B lead.

But when I shaved this morning, I opened an unused pack of Schick Super Chromium injector blades (great shave with my vintage Schick E2) and there's a 25¢ coupon in there, no expiration date. I don't know when the package is from, but there's a barcode on the box, so no earlier than early 70s. Anyway, that went in the photo also.

You can get Schick brand injector cartridges still, online, but I don't know any stores around here that carry them. Too bad, since although I have a probable lifetime supply of injector blades, I'd kind of like to see a store's reaction if I tried to redeem the coupon.

What's the oldest coupon you've ever redeemed, and what was it for?
PeliSchick1.jpg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Never noticed this username before on here. Cold and rainy day here today. A slug of Slivovice would be good right about now.

Never noticed this username before on here. Cold and rainy day here today. A slug of Slivovice would be good right about now.
I'm actually not a drinker, although there is a reason for the handle that I won't get into here. :redface-new:

But I think I actually will save this coupon.

I get a lot of Burger King coupons in the mail every 4 weeks or so. They're always the same ones, the expiration just gets farther out each time. BK has a 4 digit code on the coupon and when you go through the drive through they just have you specify the coupon's number. By the time I get to the window they either A. don't even look at the expiration date, or B. don't even obtain the coupon. I know I've redeemed some that were a few months old and I know I've not even handed it to them a few times. I only eat fast food once or twice a month these days but when I do I usually use those BK coupons so I don't have to pay full price, but I prefer other places more than them.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I pretty much throw them out. CV s coupons seem to expire as i walk out the door lol
i recently found a typewriter written mall gift certificate iam sure that would get a reaction it has to be 20-25 years old

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have a 2,000 year old coupon that I intend to redeem eventually. It just says "heaven: admit one".

I doubt I'll ever get finished reading all the fine print, though.

1575570653672.png

Not me, happened to a friend. I was in the group though.
My friend is one of those guys who never cleans out his wallet.
I mean NEVER. It looks almost like a "Costanza" wallet (of Seinfeld fame).

This happened when I was in high school. We were sitting around one day and started bugging him about his wallet.
He had a ton of paper scraps in it, old receipts and whatnot. Back when I was a kid everyone had velcro wallets. Don't know why, you just did. So he opens it up and dumps it out on the table. We are laughing and joking about all the junk in it and someone spots a ticket for a free coupon at a local pizza place (Tower of Pizza). There was maybe 6 of us in the group. We head on down to the pizza place and when they come to take our order, the server looks at the ticket and tells us that the type of pizza it's for doesn't exist and hasn't since she's started working there.

The floor manager comes over to see us and looks at it and tells us the person who issued it hasn't been a manager there for at least 5 years. She remembered the pizza and said it hadn't been on the menu for around 7 or 8 years. One of my friends in the group is a fighter. A guy who won't take no for an answer. He's arguing (politely) with the manager that there is no expiry date and we will be buying a pitcher of soda pop so really they should be honoring the ticket. I remember this so clearly. we still talk about it when we get together over the holidays.

They agree to make the pizza if we purchase a jug of pop. we agree and figure we won the day.

Unfortunately they charged us almost the cost of the pizza for the jug of pop.
We didn't ask or even look for the price on the menu. We just sucked it up and paid for it.

Still, we got a free-ish pizza on an old coupon.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Having worked in retail for a long time I check dates on coupons and throw out those that are expired. I’d make an exception for this one and save it

Top Bottom