What's new

The Old Fogies Club

...and women between the age of 18 and 19
Rofl, Bring 'em on!

Let's see, fogieness, fogieness... ah, here we go: I've been married to the same woman for 39 years.:eek2:
If that's not enough, my beard is almost fully grey. I also care much less about most things than I used too. So sign me up! Or not, I don't care...:letterk1:

And lest I seem flippant, I lost my Dad this year, he was the last of my elders. But his brother found me after a 33 year gap.
Dave in the Midwest

Last edited:

ouch

Moderator Emeritus
Rofl, Bring 'em on!

Let's see, fogieness, fogieness... ah, here we go: I've been married to the same woman for 39 years.:eek2:
If that's not enough, my beard is almost fully grey. I also care much less about most things than I used too. So sign me up! Or not, I don't care...:letterk1:

And lest I seem flippant, I lost my Dad this year, he was the last of my elders. But his brother found me after a 33 year gap.
Dave in the Midwest
Welcome aboard!

kjbarth

Contributor
I'm way over 16. I was in middle school when Nixon was elected to his 2nd term - I was selected for the Nixon team by my teacher while my class followed the election. I was not in the Watergate Hotel!. In my very early work life, I worked as a software developer and programmed software for the first IBM laptop, code name clamshell, while it was in alpha and beta testing. I had one to "play" with and wish I kept it. All OS and software on 1 5-1/4" floppy drive!

Bob L.

Contributor
I'm way over 16. I was in middle school when Nixon was elected to his 2nd term - I was selected for the Nixon team by my teacher while my class followed the election. I was not in the Watergate Hotel!. In my very early work life, I worked as a software developer and programmed software for the first IBM laptop, code name clamshell, while it was in alpha and beta testing. I had one to "play" with and wish I kept it. All OS and software on 1 5-1/4" floppy drive!
I can relate to the "Nixon Team". I was on it for his first election.

Yep, I'm an old fart. (That's a special subset of the ole fogies)!
Ronald Reagan was my CIC when I was in the USAF, so I think that should cover it.

Yep, I'm an old fart. (That's a special subset of the ole fogies)!
Ronald Reagan was my CIC when I was in the USAF, so I think that should cover it.
We are close in age, too late for the 60's but enjoyed the 70's immensly. Women in Chic jeans, halter tops, bell bottoms, sun dresses, good memories.

Anyone else dislike winter? Makes my bones ache. I can hear my Grandma's voice saying that when I was a kid. The midwest seems to be all the bad (biting wind chill, ice storms, people who can't drive in winter) and none of the good (thick soft snow, no 30 mph wind, skiing, sledding.)