What's new

The Official Rooney Stubby XL 2 Band Discussion Thread

OK Gents, lots of silence. How are those XLs treating you? I'm lovin' my 1XL and 3XL!! :thumbup:

Amazing. I know it isn't perfect for everyone, but it is exactly what I want. Best...brush...ever. Quelches my curiosity about Rooney Finest, Plisson, and even takes the Chubby 2 off of my list. Still eyeing the Thaters, but I doubt I will bother. That size 3 must feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. :o16:

How long does it take to dry? I'm guessing three full days.

Naah, only two. :tongue_sm

But funny you should ask. Most of my brushes will look practically dry after I flick them a few times, post-rinse. But I noticed both XLs retain a "dew" and at least appear wetter. I'm sure it's the makeup of the magic bristles Rooney sourced and all their pillowy softness but they DO seem to take longer to dry. Of course, the only thing this delays is brush fondling! :lol:

Vlad...I thought you had a couple of plissons?

I like my 2xl, just finished a head and face shave with it (and salter citrus), it is a good brush, but man, it is a serious lather hog...I felt like I squeezed two cans of foam out of the brush after shaving.

I shaved with my vilfux 660 the other day and it felt very thin.

Honestly, I will be hitting the plisson #8 most of next week. I really really like that brush (but I will not sell my 2xl).

Vlad...I thought you had a couple of plissons?

I like my 2xl, just finished a head and face shave with it (and salter citrus), it is a good brush, but man, it is a serious lather hog...I felt like I squeezed two cans of foam out of the brush after shaving.

I shaved with my vilfux 660 the other day and it felt very thin.

Honestly, I will be hitting the plisson #8 most of next week. I really really like that brush (but I will not sell my 2xl).

Man, you have no idea how destitute Rooney SBAD has made me, much less if I started getting into Plissons! If only I discovered boars before badgers. :frown1:

I'm really loving the 3XL, I also have the 2XL and like that as well, although for my large hands the 3XL is working better. I also have the Emillion 2 in same band of hair, also a great brush.

Also, I picked up an extra 3XL as a backup, but then bought the Emillion so it's now my 'backup' to this brush, I have the other 3XL for sale here if anyone interested, brush is unused:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=179482

I'm really loving the 3XL, I also have the 2XL and like that as well, although for my large hands the 3XL is working better. I also have the Emillion 2 in same band of hair, also a great brush.

Also, I picked up an extra 3XL as a backup, but then bought the Emillion so it's now my 'backup' to this brush, I have the other 3XL for sale here if anyone interested, brush is unused:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=179482

Wasn't the 3XL $219?

Thanks for catching that, I updated the price to what I paid plus 5$ shipping.
Sorry if considered poor taste to post here, but thought readers of this thread in particular may be interested that one of these was available. I'll be sure not to post B/S/T links in future.

Don't worry about it. I didn't think it was malicious, just wanted to make sure.
We're sticklers for gentlemanly conduct here, and you have upheld that standard today.

After five shaves with my 2XL, I can safely say this is my grail knot. So stiff, so soft, such flow-through. My Shavemac will languish, I'm afraid.

How do the knots feel on the face in regard to size? I don't want a brush so big it lathers my whole face at one time. Perhaps compare to a duke 3 or and Rooney 3/1... Thanks in advance

Doesn't feel particularly big at all--the knot isn't floppy and doesn't tend to splay easily, so it's pretty targeted and precise. And so, so soft...

Top Bottom