What's new

The Official Carve Your Own Pipe exhibition thread

Thanks for all the kind words, Riff Raff. And thanks to some perfect drilling on the part of VT Freehand, it smokes beautifully. Working on my second pipe now, and the drilling is spot on with this kit, too. So, if I don't cut through the shank, I'll have another fine smoker soon!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words, Riff Raff. And thanks to some perfect drilling on the part of VT Freehand, it smokes beautifully. Working on my second pipe now, and the drilling is spot on with this kit, too. So, if I don't cut through the shank, I'll have another fine smoker soon!
You've been lucky with the drilling, I was ordering predrilled blocks for a while to try and save time, my luck wasn't quite as good, like the old saying if you want it done right, do it yourself.

I finished the Cavalier today...
$P1130029.jpg$P1130034.jpg$P1130033.jpg
$P1130032.jpg$P1130036.jpg

Last edited:
You've been lucky with the drilling, I was ordering predrilled blocks for a while to try and save time, my luck wasn't quite as good, like the old saying if you want it done right, do it yourself.

Fingers crossed for my luck to continue. I'm enjoying the kits, but I can imagine a poorly drilled kit wouldn't be as fun to work with. I can also imagine your shop is a pretty fun place to make a pipe.. tools are cool.

Look it's not for me personally but that is one of your finest achievements. It screams quality and the finish is superb. The colors, shapes and textures compliment each other just exactly right. Well done. :)

Last edited:
Oooohhh, that's a purty pipe. Well executed. I'm not one for Cavaliers, but that wire cut goes really well with the design.

Started pipe No. 2 back at the beginning of June.. posting progress pics is a curse for me, so here are some pics I took along the way. I used the same tools as I did to make the first pipe, only I used the coping saw a bit more at the front end of this one (as opposed to the one bad cut on the first pipe!).

June 4-6..

$p2-01.JPG

$p2-02.JPG

$p2-03.JPG

$p2-04.JPG

$p2-05.JPG

Top Bottom