What's new

The Official Carve Your Own Pipe exhibition thread

I just finished the African Meerschaum I was working on, here are pre-wax and post-wax shots, I used several coats of natural (yellow beeswax) to finish it which brings out the mottled look of the African meerschaum, I think the slight color adds a bit of richness and character to the pipe...
$P111098812.jpg
$P111099611.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I just finished the African Meerschaum I was working on, here are pre-wax and post-wax shots, I used several coats of natural (yellow beeswax) to finish it which brings out the mottled look of the African meerschaum, I think the slight color adds a bit of richness and character to the pipe...
View attachment 530057
View attachment 530055

Incredible job Aaron. That turned out great. I really like your shaping.

Well done, Aaron. You need to start selling your pipes so we can share in your artistry and you can start making some money from it!

Yeah that's hot as. Love it. I personally like the original white but that's no slur. It's fabulous. Nice work.
Yeah, I know what you mean, that was prior to waxing and even it I had used "bleached" white beeswax it would have still darkened to some degree, African meerschaum is not as pure white as it's Turkish counterpart, besides it won't say white for long anyway, no insult taken.

My latest creation, a rusticated Hawkbill with a ox blood /black finish, stainless steel shank fittings and a Brindle Acrylic stem...
$IMG_4349.jpg

Last edited:
A new "Alter Ego" Poker, ½ Contrast ½ Rusticated with Bocote wood shank embellishment and clear acrylic taper stem...
$P1120190_Fotor_Collage.jpg

Top Bottom