What's new

The official Brown Leaf "Hall of Shame" cigar band thread

It’s to make cigars look more expensive to justify paying 15.00 for one. Seems to work :).

Tatuaja have simple bands. Liga Privada have simple bands. Some of Crowned Heads only have a colored ribbon at the foot. Those cost aren't cheap ;)
Nica Rusticas are inexpensive sticks but lets face it, they smoke like they cost $12. Simple Band!

Just poking fun with you Kent.

20210227_181328.jpg

No kidding it was worse..a ribbon on the foot.

Love this thread, bands have become miniature billboards of sorts. I do like the esthetic of a clean band though, like Hoyo :

HdM EE.jpg
90's -era, friends who traveled overseas returned with SLB's of H. Upmann Connoisseur No.1 that were completed unbanded.
n 2005, they got wrapped too, but just the basic band.

The Fonseca's and Royal Jamaica's (eg Park Lane) from that era had full white tissue wraps.

I had a blue label Cohiba not too long ago and then a blue label Romeo Reserve, great sticks and great bands and logos, Classic and Timeless!

1620766500458.png

1620766532979.png

I've never had a My Father's Cigar, but I have heard and read nothing but great things about them. My local cigar store doesn't sell them, however maybe I'll score a 5 pack online sometime.

I've never had a My Father's Cigar, but I have heard and read nothing but great things about them. My local cigar store doesn't sell them, however maybe I'll score a 5 pack online sometime.
I live in Canada and have never seen them in local stores. I have a friend that brings them in from the US. We trade a lot as I am stocked with Cubans.

MF cigars are excellent. I have only tried 3-4 but each one was outstanding.

With the exception of My Father Cigars, I find the simpler the band, the better the smoke. The giant band trend has been around for some time though, as I have some Gran Habano Aztecas from 2013 that are simply garish. I will post a picture in a second.

Oh heck, I found three viable candidates...For sure the Azteca is the most egregious, followed by the RyJ, and a not to distant Monte Cristo Pilotico...

IMG_9379.jpeg

Although I love Rosario Cigars I must confess that their Expresso Coffee cigar has a band that almost achieves butt-ugly status. Exhibit "A" -

20210604_144512.jpg

Tim

Reactions: Jim
Top Bottom