What's new

The official Brown Leaf "Hall of Shame" cigar band thread

20200823_194346.jpg

This and most of its siblings qualify..

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Man that one is egregious. I guess cigars compete on a shelf and visual is a large part of it. It really does bug me though when you end up damaging a cigar taking off the do-dads.

I've had a few where the danged bands get stuck to the wrapper and the wrapper is ruined if you can get the danged thing off. I'm not thrilled with some of the fancy boxes that are odd shaped. Probably just me.
I've lost a couple of cigars to tightly glued bands. Frustrating and expensive.

I just picked one of these up for a buddy who just had a baby (well, his wife did). I remember them being a good cigar, but without the extra labels all over the place.
I thought it was a pretty good cigar too but the over the top bands may have oversold it a bit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not an aficionado, but wasn't the band put in place to begin with to prevent nicotine stains on ones gloves? It appears that it's now a billboard and, since no gentleman wears gloves these days, an anachronism?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, not an aficionado, but wasn't the band put in place to begin with to prevent nicotine stains on ones gloves? It appears that it's now a billboard and, since no gentleman wears gloves these days, an anachronism?

It’s to make cigars look more expensive to justify paying 15.00 for one. Seems to work :).

Top Bottom