What's new

The Novelty Has Worn Off

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Which is why you're not as bad as AA, presumably. Mind you, @FarmerTan's current avatar looks like his War Department is reaching out to smack him, so maybe he's concussed.

Check out this cool banana scented "The Cube" shave soap.

🤔 Somebody needs to buy it!

AA

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Which is why you're not as bad as AA, presumably. Mind you, @FarmerTan's current avatar looks like his War Department is reaching out to smack him, so maybe he's concussed.
Brother, I got 911 on speed dial.

My dad ALWAYS taught me to NEVER hit a woman.....once he met her, he just said, "the advice still stands, but if you can't take it anymore, be sure she's asleep...."

I’ve reached this point where I’m not looking for the latest and greatest. I’ve amassed a good number of vintage razors most in duplicate because 2 is 1 and 1 is none.... I’ve got my wide variety of blades and use them in the razor I recall them working in best. As for buying the razors I’ve found my best overall razor to be the RR lupo 72. Unfortunately it’s just perfect for me that I rarely break fro the routine to use my other razors, despite fond memories of so many of them. At this point, I’ve got something like 14 or 16 brushes on a shelf above my towel rack and soaps on a shelf above the toilet and another bunch of soaps in a shoe organizer on the back of the door. I make my choices for the day and add my variety by picking a brush and soap combo.

My boar and larger badger brushes get used onmy hard soaps and the soaps I’m trying to burn through a bit quicker. My synthetics are almost exclusively used for soaps that I’m trying to keep around as long as possible either because they aren’t available any longer and/or are more costly to replace from my favorite artisan. I have however pretty much given up acquiring new soaps despite still following the social media buzz on new releases. I do somewhat indulge by purchasing a soap and splash set for my father and father in law for birthdays, Father’s Day or Christmas... this is how get to experience the scents and live vicariously without adding to my heap. I’ve only killed off 3 full tubs of soap (Wilkinson sword, MWF, and declaration grooming massacre of the innocents) since I started wet shaving in October of 2019.

Check out this cool banana scented "The Cube" shave soap.

🤔 Somebody needs to buy it!

AA

It was the "prickly pear" that got my attention. I now have visions of lathering with a prickly pear that I can't get out of my head. Thanks a lot! :blink:

your just on cruise control that's all, that's ok, I'm in the same boat, I haven't changed my razor in over a year now, Gillette Heritage and then usually a Gillete brand of blade, doesn't matter really, it's a great close shave every time. I've also learned what blades I don't like and what blades simply don't work for me in general.

It's ok to hone in on what you like and stick with it, I'm that way with aftershaves. I have two staples that are always in my rotation, bay rum and lavender.

Top Bottom