What's new

The (Not So Joyous) Joy of Experimenting

Moving sucks, and basically all of my shaving gear is still in storage since last April. Since August, I've been using the same shaving tools, everyday, save for the razor blade. All good things come to an end, or should I say, my supplies that I did have on have were exhausted, so I ordered some Astra SP blades, a Palmolive Shaving Stick and a tub of Cella. Suddenly, I have weepers. So now I get to figure out what I mis-tweeked. Too many variables. There is a lot to be said for using the same products for extended periods. Boring? Maybe, but you get into a routine, and it is almost auto-pilot. And it doesn't help that I picked up an older Gillette at the antique store. Here we go again...

Randy

Well I'm happy and sad for you. Makes you really appreciate the products that work for you. Hope you have a more enjoyable shave shave.

Well I'm happy and sad for you. Makes you really appreciate the products that work for you. Hope you have a more enjoyable shave shave.

This is the exact reason why you should only change one variable at a time. But you gotta do what you gotta do!

Yup, experimentation is good -- How else can you improve? -- but you need to isolate the variable you are studying at the moment.

Top Bottom