What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

A picture of the head of the Emir - not sure it's very clear. I am no photographic genius, alas
emir7.JPG

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
What?! Wait just a minute. An adjustable Krona? Why have I never seen one of those before?
That's only the second one I've ever seen. The last one was someone promoting one on here while he had it for sale on ebay. He actually joined for just that purpose. He got booted, promptly.

I love Featheeeeer !

Peter, congrats on that Rotbart ‘Pineapple’ that I never saw before either ! If you find another, or if you let go of this one, I am your man !!

Not entirely sure about this one. i have seen transparent Fasans, I have also seen a blue version. Recently I found a yellow one. So I am not sure whether this is just a transparent one which got exposed to the sun too much and changed colour, or whether it's originally yellow. Given how it looks and its rather homogeneous colour, I still would speculate that it is originally yellow
IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG
IMG_0366.JPG
IMG_0367.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0370.JPG

D

dangerousrazor

Not entirely sure about this one. i have seen transparent Fasans, I have also seen a blue version. Recently I found a yellow one. So I am not sure whether this is just a transparent one which got exposed to the sun too much and changed colour, or whether it's originally yellow. Given how it looks and its rather homogeneous colour, I still would speculate that it is originally yellow
View attachment 1100779View attachment 1100780View attachment 1100781View attachment 1100783View attachment 1100784View attachment 1100785View attachment 1100786

Beautiful!!

Here, for the continued enjoyment of the weird and wacky denizens of the "Not Gillette" thread, is a non-branded razor I'm simply calling (subject to better information) the "M. Peroni".

I'm not aware of this particular razor ever having actually been identified as an "M. Peroni". Or as anything else for that matter. Because I've never seen another one anywhere. Perhaps this razor will ultimately come to bear a different brand name, as others more knowledgable weigh in, which I happily encourage.

Anyway, I call this razor the "M. Peroni" because it appears to be similar in a few ways to the razor described as the "Tilting (or Tilted) Head M. Peroni Razor". Like the "Tilter", this razor hails from France, is made completely of aluminum (except perhaps the cap), seems to have a "Gibbs-made" base plate and cap, and yet very fortunately accepts standard modern blades. Take that, blade-cutting Gibbs lovers!

M.Peroni Razor, Takes Standard Blades, France1.JPG M.Peroni Razor, Takes Standard Blades, France4.JPG M.Peroni Razor, Takes Standard Blades, France5.JPG M.Peroni Razor, Takes Standard Blades, France6.JPG

Very nice ! Haha, I have the same one and shared the same conclusions on Instagram a few days ago :

DOH!! That's amazing! I did not see that (honest!). Well, I couldn't have lost the epic "Peroni Quest" (by some 16 days it seems) to a finer man (I've tried to learn from the best!). Still, I know I'd, as well as perhaps others, would appreciate it if anyone else could offer an opinion or more information on this seemingly "new" Peroni. Also, I think we'd all be more than happy to hear from others who may know of other "standard-blade-accepting 'Gibbs'" razors still out there (in "the wild", or perhaps just on Ebay (a treasure, hiding in plain sight, that you're lucky enough to snatch).

Gerbault Parade

Hello gents. Thought I'd share some uncommon French rasiors today. I don't know much about the history or age of these, maybe Thomas (Cha-wing!!) can help out here.

First off is the travel size. It has the "Gerbault" script logo on the tiny handle with the "Unis France - CHROME" head. I must say, this razor is brilliant. Paired with a smooth blade such as Gillette Yellow and it gives a BBS smooth shave with little to no irritation and boy, is it smoooooth.

Next up is a full size razor with no markings on the handle and the "Unis France - CHROME" head. Same great performance. I have seen this same razor on the French shaving forums referred to as a Gerbault, even though it's not marked as such. Thomas, what's your opinion?

And last is a "deluxe" version. We have a completely different head, the ends of the blade are covered and this is very aggressive with lots and lots of blade feel. It likes to be used at a steep angle and if you're careful, it will reward you with a BBS irritation free shave... otherwise you will need a roll of toilet paper to sop up the blood.

I hope you all have enjoyed the show and tell. Please respond with your experience if you've tried any of these.
IMG_0998.JPG
IMG_0999.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

beautiful collection
I have the travel version - indeed, nice razor, which reminds me that I haven't used it in a while. I think I have shown it earlier in this thread
Gerbault2.jpg
gerbault3.jpg

Top Bottom