What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

R

romsitsa

Hello, finally went with silver. I suspect this will look even more gorgeous with a bit of tarnish. Austrian Ilfe with diy mahogany and brass handle.

03F27AAC-BC10-4F3E-B8A1-88FD9D5D0974.jpeg 7F7EA291-4FE4-455C-AC9D-538232F5D7C5.jpeg 69B1276D-4DA7-4505-80E1-7BC58618B3AB.jpeg

Adam

R

romsitsa

Thank you. The Swing got finally plated in silver and I added a three level dial.

IMG_6131.JPG

Adam

View attachment 995948

Not my picture but I do have the same Filomatic Inox in black. These razors are Spanish made by a company called Basset and were made in the 60s and 70s. The push buttons one are called Filomatic Inox razors and that razor in 1964 won a golden Delta award for industrial design.

The one that is not an Inox is the white handled one I believe it was just called a Filomatic and that is supposed to be designed to take Gibbs style DE blade. I'll be able to verify that once the one I bought gets here.

It allowed to place any blade.
It did not have a specific name, although lately some call it Filomatic "promotional", since this razor was given away when buying a pack of Filomatic Titanium blades.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It did not have a specific name, although lately some call it Filomatic "promotional", since this razor was given away when buying a pack of Filomatic Titanium blades.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yes that is correct. I forgot to mention that but the buyer I bought this from had mentioned it was given away as a promotional razor. I also happen to have an unopened box of the blades the razor would have came with. I have quite a few Filomatic items that came in the lot with this razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is the lot, picture from the seller. It includes far as I know every style of Filomatic razor if not every type i.e. it doesn't have the red or green colored Filomatic Inox razors for example.
filolot.jpg

have this German Apollo.
It is Ultras light (I have been told that the head sub plate could be cast of something called Silumin)
I shaves like a tech, very mild.

proxy.php

If it is Japanese and not an Eastern European Soviet era razor it is most likely either a Super Cross or Super Doll and made probably in the 60s time frame.

Right on the time frame, Andy, but not on the brand name. But you sure know your razors :a50:I will post more when I get it in hand :thumbup1:

Top Bottom