What's new

The NOS Super Speed Nobody Wanted

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I can explain why no one wanted it: because it's a black-handled Super Speed 🤭

You know, I was actually thinking about this in an attempt to answer the OP's question. I looked at the picture the second time, and the thing that really stands out, is that black handle. Many vintage razors have the black handle. Maybe it didn't sell because of that? All I know is, to a true collector who knows exactly what they are looking at, owning that razor would be like owning gold.

In another 50-years time, the fair market value for that collectable will jump up probably 4-times as much. So best to get it now, sell before you die. 🤣

You know, I was actually thinking about this in an attempt to answer the OP's question. I looked at the picture the second time, and the thing that really stands out, is that black handle. Many vintage razors have the black handle. Maybe it didn't sell because of that? All I know is, to a true collector who knows exactly what they are looking at, owning that razor would be like owning gold.

In another 50-years time, the fair market value for that collectable will jump up probably 4-times as much. So best to get it now, sell before you die. 🤣
4x in 50yrs is a bad investment so don’t do it for the money.

Good point, and that would be an argument in favor of openning it up and using it. Very tempting indeed.
If it is something very special because it is mint then it is worth keeping so for sentimental reasons eg as a museum. But for common items it is a different story. But be careful of trying to invest financially unless you really know your stuff.

Top Bottom