What's new

The NOS conundrum

Recently wanted to try a post war tech, the early 50s style thats still fairly heavy compared to the later years. Saw a rarer travel version. Nothing specifically mentioned regarding its condition but it had the paper insert. Open it up, new old stock.

Now I don’t want to use it. I can open NOS blades no problem, but using something like this seems? I have a Slim squirreled away that’s still on the card that I can’t open either.
08FDD165-CDD6-4664-BE9F-2888C27BE50B.jpeg

It's called a pathology. Just buy another room before you buy your next razor. You'll need it. Trust me.😁

Seriously, I purchased a JA Cobb razor NOS, and you'll be yeeeeeeaaaaarrrrsss finding another one of those, so yes, it has tasted lather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's called a pathology. Just buy another room before you buy your next razor. You'll need it. Trust me.😁

Seriously, I purchased a JA Cobb razor NOS, and you'll be yeeeeeeaaaaarrrrsss finding another one of those, so yes, it has tasted lather.
FINALLY! An honest man!

That razor was built to be used. It’s been saving itself for you. Don’t make it wait any longer.

I get it though. I have a lot more fun with my rescue beaters these days. I feel like I’m saving them. If it wasn’t for me they’d be slowly rusting away somewhere. When I use a pristine NOS razor I feel like I’m degrading it. It doesn’t make any sense.

Last edited:
USE IT.
That is the simple answer.
Unless it is a special year I have seen a lot of travel razors complete with paper. Some were bought put away and forgot about and some were free and the person put it away and forgot about it.

Recently wanted to try a post war tech, the early 50s style thats still fairly heavy compared to the later years. Saw a rarer travel version. Nothing specifically mentioned regarding its condition but it had the paper insert. Open it up, new old stock.

Now I don’t want to use it. I can open NOS blades no problem, but using something like this seems? I have a Slim squirreled away that’s still on the card that I can’t open either.View attachment 1539473
Funny you post this. Recently, I bought an NOS Travel Tech with sealed blades and absolutely new but crudded up handle and head in a red leather case. It was $14 shipped. Now, I can't bring myself to use it. It also had the paper insert in the head.

Top Bottom