What's new

The Non-hobbyist restore/rescale picture thread (not official hobbyist for B&B)

C.F. Wolfertz & Co, Allentown, PA in CA finished figured walnut scales with horn wedge. The thumb notch was added after a botched attempt at jimps.
$104_1711.jpg
$104_1712.jpg
$104_1713.jpg
$104_1715.jpg

ERN The Leighton Razor. Haven't done anything with the blade. Just cleaning a pivot point and re-scale. Honey horn, trancullent scales with open grain ebony wedge.

$Ern Leighton1.jpg

$Ern Leighton2.jpg

$Ern Leighton3.jpg

$Ern Leighton4.jpg

$Ern Leighton5.jpg

Maciek.

Hess Hair Milk Laboratories, 5/8" very hollow blade. I didn't feel comfortable removing enough material to eliminate the minor pitting. So a little light sanding with 1500 and 2000 grit then polish. Unfortunately the gold wash on the tang was too far gone to save any. The scales cleaned up nicely and once the frown was ground away, I took a nice edge.
I not sure I want to know what "Hair Milk" is.:blink:
$104_1744.jpg
$104_1745.jpg
$104_1747.jpg

Finally finished this imperial razor co 6/8 with camel etching. I cleaned up the blade about a year ago and took forever getting around to making scales. Blonde translucent horn, wedge the same. Not perfect as I rushed the sanding and left a couple little scratches and they're a little too thin at the pivot end, but, as long as they hold together,I'm quite happy with it. Shaves have been great too.

Top Bottom