What's new

The Nine Reason PIF

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You know, I was considering making a sacrifice to the shave gods -- maybe a snurdle of Proraso, or a stick of Arko. But then it occurred to me that I may risk offending said deities with urinal cake. (Clearly I have a really difficult time not ribbing our wonderful companion @FarmerTan about his Arko fetish, uh, fandom.)

Seriously though, I was considering calling in some backup to boost the entries, and then @FarmerTan happened! A one man rally crew! Thanks Dave! Especially since I razz you about Arko so much. Someday I'll have to try it :p
Oh, I've got plenty you can have!

I breed baby Arkomen here in Arkoland!

Just let me know!

Not everyone on here is as mean as me!
Yeah there are some that are meaner , if you can imagine that !! :)
mog1.gif

FrightenedBigheartedArcticfox-small.gif

get me outofhere1.gif

Last edited:
Great pif sir and you had truly you met your soulmate. I have been with mine for 23 yrs now she puts up with me and (rolls eyes ) my shave equipment ( smelly stuff) . I am not a sensitive guy but she changed my world in all the right ways ( I would probably be dead now from past ways) . I appreciate her more than I verbalize but she knows . Damn somebody cutting onions !!! I just got us tickets to see Frankie Valli again ( both from Philly its a must) . I cherish the time I have with her everyday.

Not in, I have so much good stuff already. My mug runneth over. But as far as a lady who has made me better? There are two. One passed away last May at the age of 90. My brothers and I will be convening with family and friends to say farewell the end of July. I'm speaking of my mother. Her name was Barbara, but those who were friends called her Babs. My brothers friends referred to the 72 Chrysler Town & Country wagon that was used to cart us all over town as "The Babsmobile." She was the mother to more than me and my three brothers, but to all of our friends. Our friends knew better than to try to put one over on Babs, she was no dummy and was enough of a hellion in her youth to recognize most of the common cons we try to pull on our parents. She also was the engine that kept the household running. She was not into traditional swearing, possibly trying to avoid the common words creeping into our vocabulary. One she loved was "hell's bells." Another was the three syllable "Judas puh-riest!" I have inherited that temper from her and have worked years to try and grow out of it. Even with the rough edges, she tried to follow rules of etiquette and treat all with love and respect. Her tenacity, inquisitive nature and work ethic have inspired me all my life.

You describe so many of the sacrifices parents make (but I think especially mothers) to help raise their children the best way they can. There is no love withheld, no conditions to its issue. When the inevitable happens the world is left a better place for their devotion and endearing support. I never knew you, Babs, but thank you :001_smile

And thank you @emwolf for sharing with us.

Wonderful gesture! I respect your pain!

"I'm in!"

I have been married for over 20 years to the woman I love so much. 19 years ago give me the greatest gift , a wonderful little girl ( these days my daughter has a high school graduation exam ). This year my wife fell ill with Covid-19. I thought I would lose her! I had a few days of despair but God saved her! and so for us, life has returned to normal, with joys but also with difficulties that must be overcome one by one! I almost forgot the fear of a few months ago! You reminded me what I could lose!
ps. she hates my razors, soaps and shaving creams but I love her!
I'm not Conus, (thanks @martym ).

Last edited:
Wonderful gesture! I respect your pain!

"I'm in!"

I have been married for over 20 years to the woman I love so much. 19 years ago give me the greatest gift , a wonderful little girl ( these days my daughter has a high school graduation exam ). This year my wife fell ill with Covid-19. I thought I would lose her! I had a few days of despair but God saved her! and so for us, life has returned to normal, with joys but also with difficulties that must be overcome one by one! I almost forgot the fear of a few months ago! You reminded me what I could lose!
ps. she hates my razors, soaps and shaving creams but I love her!
I'm not Conus, (thanks @martym ).
AWESOME! Our first international participant :clap: :clap:
Thank you @alin! And along with the others, I really appreciate you sharing your story with us.
Man, if I keep coming back to this thread I'm gonna need to buy stock in Kleenex...
It's good stuff though. This is precisely what I was hoping for, narratives like we've seen that remind us all of what means most to us, of what truly makes our hearts beat.

Top Bottom