What's new

The Nib's Official "Writing on a Banana" Thread

My attempt

$IMG_3362.jpg

I'll take part tomorrow when I buy my next batch of bananas (which I happen to buy at Walmart all the time, even though they seem to spoil faster than the ones at Publix).

a bunch of crazy guys just waiting to grab anything to quench their thirst for ADs// lol/// great going :) do i need to tell that i tried one , however i didnt try with my fountain pen.. tried with a cheap ball point

Actually fresh banana parchment performs best with a cheap ball point. There's a lovely springiness to the skin that makes even the cheapest ball point feel smooth.

Though I love my fountain pens, we're not really feeling the true banana power as the nib doesn't have to dig into the surface as you do with a ball point....

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Actually fresh banana parchment performs best with a cheap ball point. There's a lovely springiness to the skin that makes even the cheapest ball point feel smooth.

Though I love my fountain pens, we're not really feeling the true banana power as the nib doesn't have to dig into the surface as you do with a ball point....

"What's a FP-friendly banana? Which ink works well with a FP and banana?"

... now I've seen everything.

:lol:

Top Bottom