What's new

The Nib acquisitions for 2022

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I just found this at a charity shop or thrift store to my US friends, an uninked Campo Marzio Forbes pen in a gift set with a nice quality notepad, cartridges, and a converter. I don't know anything about this brand but it appears to have a metal body and the lacquer seems high quality, with a steel medium nib. Does anyone use this brand or know anything about them?

20220827_144105.jpg

I just found this at a charity shop or thrift store to my US friends, an uninked Campo Marzio Forbes pen in a gift set with a nice quality notepad, cartridges, and a converter. I don't know anything about this brand but it appears to have a metal body and the lacquer seems high quality, with a steel medium nib. Does anyone use this brand or know anything about them?
Sorry, I know nothing about the brand, but it does have a Lamy Safari flavor to it.

I use ARKO, so it's easy to understand why I ordered these for $18.99. My son has one, and I like it.

12 PCS Jinhao Mako Fountain Pen Fine Nib Diversity Color Lot Shark Pens Case Set with Refillable Converters​

A Noodlers Konrad roller inkball. The new style with the closed tip. Loaded it with Diamine Imperial Purple. Its writes really smooth and handles like a FP.

F5BB1657-994C-49A1-B8C4-BD3E177D6647.jpeg

Jinhao 992 fresh from Ali Express. Was bored one day at lunch and decided to spend the $2.15 to get one. Brown demonstrator. My first experience with Jinhao and I’m surprised at how smooth it writes. The only thing I don’t like is the cheap feel of the plastic but otherwise it’s a very nice pen. I’m going to take it to work and not worry if it grows legs and walks away. Best $2.15 I’ve ever spent. Lol.

View attachment 1524279

Jinhao 992 fresh from Ali Express. Was bored one day at lunch and decided to spend the $2.15 to get one. Brown demonstrator. My first experience with Jinhao and I’m surprised at how smooth it writes. The only thing I don’t like is the cheap feel of the plastic but otherwise it’s a very nice pen. I’m going to take it to work and not worry if it grows legs and walks away. Best $2.15 I’ve ever spent. Lol.
Cheap plastic feels like money to me. I like my Jinhao Sharks.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good day Nib fans
I’ve made an impulsive buy. A benu fp. Limited edition pomegranate color. Medium nib.
I’ve seen some limited references to Benu on the nib sub so I’d appreciate some feedback 😁

I started 2022 with a very nice Stylomine 303d. Why, it is yet another pen says the wife?
The filling mechanism is 'French' so nothing similar to others I have seen before, a bit like the Citroen DS of old when it hit the market.
It writes nicely, copyright of hooded nib is prior to Parker's 51, and the shape is 'chubby' but comfortable in the hand.
Some Photos...
View attachment 1390234
View attachment 1390230View attachment 1390231View attachment 1390232

As you can see it uses an accordium sac, you fill it by pumping on the end bulb, glass encased, and when is full you can see the colour in the bulb. There is a breather tube inside the sac, a bit like the Parker Vacumatic.
Happy new year
Marco
Acquired a Montblanc #146, a display model, It never held ink. Medium nib. Sm-o-o-o-th.

Attachments

• 20221009_222439.jpg
    20221009_222439.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom