What's new

The Nib Acquisitions 2019

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Should Auction wins go here? Guess so. Donated by @Tommy Tutone
Pink Lamy Safari w/Medium nib. Plus some extras he threw in. From Goulet, my go-to for all things FP related.
Z28 Converter, 8-pack of ink samples, Rhodia Heritage Book Block B5 Notebook.
Several of the samples are inks I've wanted to try, the others all look very interesting. A couple brands I haven't tried yet. Finally get to try Rhodia.
I think I'll load the Safari up with Yama budo, should look real nice with the Medium nib.
Kudos to Tommy Tyrone.

1025191325a_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Should Auction wins go here? Guess so. Donated by @Tommy Tutone
Pink Lamy Safari w/Medium nib. Plus some extras he threw in. From Goulet, my View attachment 1029173go-to for all things FP related.
Z28 Converter, 8-pack of ink samples, Rhodia Heritage Book Block B5 Notebook.
Several of the samples are inks I've wanted to try, the others all look very interesting. A couple brands I haven't tried yet. Finally get to try Rhodia.
I think I'll load the Safari up with Yama budo, should look real nice with the Medium nib.
Kudos to Tommy Tyrone.
Excellent! I have that Yama budo ink on my short list to grab at some point.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Don't know why the image comes through as a link. Any way to fix that so it shows in line?

This weekend there was a sale at a local art supply, 25% off everything. I was restrained...

Rainbow set of cheap pens, and a few notebooks.

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No picture but it did happen.
Picked up a NOS fine nib for my Parker 51. It was $75 but will make my P51 a brand new pen : super happy about that.

A soon to be here pen... Once it gets here from Japan. But my first snowflake or bird splat . A MB no. 24. I think I got a great price on it. Looking forward to my pen new to me pen in a few years.
The 24 was a second tier pen in the 60s and a piston filler which is right up my alley. Gorgeous looking pen with the black resin and blue ink window. Hooded nib is whatever but they were competing with the P51.
Screenshot_20191201-212641.png

They may have sold the 24's as second tier, but they are first rate pens in my book. Other than coloring and perhaps the "meisterstuck" name, I dont really know what the difference between a 14 and 24 is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They may have sold the 24's as second tier, but they are first rate pens in my book. Other than coloring and perhaps the "meisterstuck" name, I dont really know what the difference between a 14 and 24 is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Since it was a Sumgai price and if it writes like the only ever MB I've written with it I'm buying a lotto ticket. 😁

Found a platignum petite, boxed with instructions NOS for £10.55 inc postage to my front door. Its the 50's style in the brown mottled style.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Adding to the flock...

Black, gold, and grey - just like West Point!

Very nice, John, reminds me of one I have :biggrin1:

Although I haven't always agreed, many folks say the older W.Germany nibs are nicer .... How's yours?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Very nice, John, reminds me of one I have :biggrin1:

Although I haven't always agreed, many folks say the older W.Germany nibs are nicer .... How's yours?
Thanks! The nib is fantastic. Very smooth with that nice springiness. I haven’t used enough Pelikan nibs to know if that emblematic of the superiority of pre-unification nibs. But it’s a great nib. I’m in no rush to replace it, although I fancy the idea of finding an interesting vintage gold nib.

The bottom one is my NOS platignum Petite lever fill, I've put a new sack in it and cleaned / flushed it out. While a little scratchy it writes quite well, (current ink is sepia by manuscript). The other I think is an old Parker slimfold in Garnet. Yet to receive it but if its anything like my green slimfold (which I foolishly sold) it should be a smooth righter.

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

Beautiful pearl looking celluloid! Now is it really tiny ... how long is it?

Well its real small, around 10mm shorter even when posted, than a Kaweco sport. The nibs a little scratchy and in my big ole hands it feels more like straw than a fountain pen.

I got one of these for Christmas. My first stub nib. I'm really enjoying it. I know this is about as narrow as you can go for a stub, but I do think it adds just a touch of flair to my writing that I was missing before. I think I need to pick up a few more stubs...

1577633579150.png

Top Bottom