What's new

The Nib Acquisitions 2019

I purchased a Pelikan M805 Stresemann a few months ago. I liked it so much, I had to pick up another M805 in blue. I also picked up a journal to make sure I write something every day.

IMG_1819.jpg

Unused original matte gray
crs.jpg
Cross Century (c. 1982), found on Ebay for around $11. Gold plated medium nib.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Three of my latest FPs. Visconti Rembrandt Purple Fine nib, Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night 1.5mm stub nib, Pelikan M200 marbled blue (at least that's what I ordered, looks more greenish to me, but it's still beautiful) Fine Nib. The Starry Night is even prettier than I had hoped. The admittedly poor handwriting sample makes the Herbin Rouge Grenat with the 1.5mm stub look like a totally different color than with the Pilot Fine & 1mm stub. Pretty sure the Van Gogh will be a bad choice for newspaper crosswords :001_rolle. I like this nib for general writing, very smooth, very wet. Even with this wet nib, it didn't bleed through the Leuchtturm (which I misspelled when I wrote it).
0111192038~2.jpg

0111192236~2.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Last week I received my new marbled blue M205 Pelikan with EF stainless steel nib from Seitz-Kreuznach I bought for Christmas. The presentation is beautiful with a nice box, white leather wrap, and a large vintage label bottle of 4001 ink.

Here is the pen I've been using, the EF is truly a fine tip. I'm not quite used to the chrome or rhodium accents, I usually have gold.

full

... Pelikan M200 marbled blue (at least that's what I ordered, looks more greenish to me ....

You got a green marbled, congrats. How's it working for you?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I ordered mine from Amazon as an M205 Blue Marbled. Fulfilled by Seitz Kreutznach. They sent me an M200 in Green Marble. I'm not going to complain.
It is a beauty and writes as nicely as either of my other Pelikans (M200 Black EF & M205 Ovaline F).
I like the aesthetics of the Pelikan M2xx line. Small compared to some others, but just long enough to write without posting, barely. When I first got the black M200 12+ years ago, I thought it was too small for me, but found it to be near perfect, just long enough and a real nice light weight. Originally had an F Nib, but I swapped it for the EF from the Ovaline (I should get a pic of that one; just tried and can't get a decent shot, I'll try again at home).
I currently have Diamine Recency Blue in it; very nice blue, just a tad bit darker than I like, I'll be ordering a 4.5 oz bottle of Noodler's Baystate Blue, comes with a free Noodler's Charlie eyedropper pen; I've read that Baystate is a real bear to clean, so I'll try it out in the Charlie before I put it in the Pelikan.
My Grail is an M400 or M600. Not sure which color/pattern, but I'm liking that white M600. Just have to not buy any FPs or shave brushes for a few months to afford it.
Almost forgot to say, Doug, that the Blue Marbled M205 is beautiful, almost wish they'd sent the Blue instead of Green...almost:001_smile

Picked up a lamy pico in polished chrome for a steal with a fine M22 refil. Its so small untill you use it, then its i regulaer ball pen.

AA6C0957-C771-4D5B-8D02-A1A89D834BD8.jpeg

New ink came today. Got this pilot metropolitan a couple days ago as I wanted to try the medium nib in addition to the fine I have.

I’m also a dingus and ordered a con-70 not realizing it doesn’t fit the metropolitan. So I ordered a medim nib Kakuno today, because that nice converter has to go in something, am I write?

But that’s all for now, graduate school doesn’t give me a fountain pen budget.

Very nice inks! A lack of budget doesn't prevent getting some quality start up gear, as you are seeing. :)

I really need to add a demonstrator to my collection. That looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really need to add a demonstrator to my collection. That looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I suddenly went on a demonstrator kick last month. I started Dec without owning any at all, and halfway into January I now have 4...

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Got some sweet vintage 4001 inks. Only $1.25 back when in the West Germany days.

Three unopened bottles (large) and the one green is missing a couple of pen fill-ups.
full

Top Bottom