What's new

The Nib Acquisitions 2019

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
A new pen arrived today! It’s a Pelikan P205 (EF) in black. It’s just like an M205 except it is a cartridge-converter pen instead of the usual piston. Apparently it didn’t sell well but I found one to use for travel.
I got one of those for a good deal -- still haven't used it --(or traveled :001_rolle yet).
I picked up a Narwhal Pens Hipocampus and it arrived!
Pink? Not sure if I could bust out a pink pen during a meeting without some snickering. :001_tongu Pretty, though!

I got one of those for a good deal -- still haven't used it --(or traveled :001_rolle yet).

Not sure if I could bust out a pink pen during a meeting without some snickering. Pretty, though!
Yeah, they list it as purple, but it is way more on the pink side of purple. They also come in green, yellow, and blue. I will give it some great credit on writing super smooth and effortlessly. They make their own nibs, and from the pen I got, they nailed it.

Just think of the kudos you'll get from any ladies in the area. Only a real man can bust out a pink swirly pen in a business environment!

This is my latest fountain pen, a Conklin Mark Twain crescent filter replica. It has a medium nib. I got the pen in February 2019, but I didn't join this forum until September 2019.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

This is my latest fountain pen, a Conklin Mark Twain crescent filter replica. It has a medium nib. I got the pen in February 2019, but I didn't join this forum until September 2019.
proxy.php

I need to add that model to my wish list to pick up at some point. Very cool looking pen!

@Vacumatic @Shave_Rat - pinging you to follow up here from the what's your next pen thread.

I was out of town for a few days and my first TWSBI pen, the limited edition clear purple Eco with a stub nib, was waiting for me. I filled it up with Monteverde Amethyst. I've only used it a little so far, but while the stub is definitely different to write with, it's not in a bad way for me. I like the character it adds to your writing and frankly it works for smaller writing than I anticipated. Unless I'm needing to write notably small I think I'll enjoy doing plenty of writing with this.

Also the better half ordered a Lamy Studio for me in olive as an early birthday present. Should get that in a few days :001_302:

Thats a handsome pen, and the ink is a good match.

The stub suits the printing style of your handwriting, good choice.

You may want to experiment to get the most of your nib by ensuring that the nib is at 45 degrees to the page and in line with the page, so that the oo of the nib point is square on to the line. Practice doing letters with a circle such as O, e, C, g,Q. The stub should produce a fine horizontal line and a broader downstroke, this will have the effect of a circular letter have some real character, rather like this O.

cursive-calligraphy-alphabet-o.jpg

Excellent! I picked up one with the broad nib, which is my goto for TWSBI pens. You get some nice line variation, less so than the stub, but for how I write, I can use the broad in a wider range of applications. That is a great ink combo in that pen. I'm going to have to use that one next time I ink up the Eco.

Thanks guys! I’m excited to put some J. Herbin Stormy Grey in there next and enjoy the nice gold shimmer from the wide nib!

The early birthday gift from my lady arrived. My first LAMY!
A86CE74E-4FAE-4B3D-934C-02D029A32C35.jpeg
B9CEA1B4-A07B-4FBE-97E0-F42DD0F4922E.jpeg

My cursive sucks because I never use it but I’m working on it. I’m a doctor and will not apologize for my stereotypical chicken scratch.

'My cursive sucks because I never use it but I’m working on it. I’m a doctor and will not apologize for my stereotypical chicken scratch.'

My Hungarian PA used to call my cursive 'Doctors Writing', she struggled to read it!

Very attractive color and surface on the Lamy, nice one.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
The Lamy esthetic is generally not my jam, but I have to say, that olive green Study looks really nice. Enjoy!

Thanks guys! I’m excited to put some J. Herbin Stormy Grey in there next and enjoy the nice gold shimmer from the wide nib!

The early birthday gift from my lady arrived. My first LAMY!
View attachment 1025396View attachment 1025397

My cursive sucks because I never use it but I’m working on it. I’m a doctor and will not apologize for my stereotypical chicken scratch.
That's a really nice and futuristic looking fountain pen. [emoji3580][emoji4]

Thanks folks. I like the Studio's simple elegance and think the olive is a slam dunk paired with the silver trim. I know some (understandably) don't care for the smooth metal grip section, but it works for me. I like the weight of the pen and while I almost exclusively write non-posted, posting this pen provides such a subtle yet satisfying click into place I may have to try it. I also appreciate that LAMY includes a converter with the Studio. Very happy with this addition so far

A steel LAMY nib in broad as well as a couple bottles of TWSBI's new ink release is on the way. There are six colors available and I opted for Sky Blue and Orange; different from anything else I have. I just love the studio so obviously I need more nib options for it.

1571595458399.png1571595476923.png

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Should Auction wins go here? Guess so. Donated by @Tommy Tutone
Pink Lamy Safari w/Medium nib. Plus some extras he threw in. From Goulet, my
1025191325a_HDR.jpg
go-to for all things FP related.
Z28 Converter, 8-pack of ink samples, Rhodia Heritage Book Block B5 Notebook.
Several of the samples are inks I've wanted to try, the others all look very interesting. A couple brands I haven't tried yet. Finally get to try Rhodia.
I think I'll load the Safari up with Yama budo, should look real nice with the Medium nib.
Kudos to Tommy Tyrone.

Top Bottom