What's new

The new (used) SP101 .38 special is here!

It's what you get used to. I don't like them grips, my buddy loves his. I love my GP100 grips, they are the Black rubbery ones surrounding the rosewood inserts. Just fit my hand good from the day I bought it, but honestly, I'd probably have gotten used to whatever came with it.

Same with the trigger. It's a Ruger. There is a company policy that before they let any revolver leave the shop, someone must remove the grips, roll the gun around on the floor and pick up any metal shavings you can find and put the grips back on and ship it out.

It's a conspiracy they have with the ammo manufacturers, because EVERYONE told me that the BEST way to fix up the trigger on a Ruger revolver was to shoot it everyday until your hand hurt, shoot another 2 hours, then repeat every day except Sunday until you have shot 20,000 rounds.

(And this is where the S&W boys say "and it STILL ain't as good as a factory S&W revolver!"

Lol, I crack myself up.
True, although current factory S&W is nothing to brag about. You can generally get some money back from the scrap yard if you save your filings and shavings from a proper Ruger action job! :c1:

I detail strip new SPs down to each component, chase and polish the spring ways, square the trigger yoke and trigger sides for bushings, lightly chamfer the ways for the block safety and hand, round the dog foot (what the hammer dog rides until the DA sear surface takes over), stone & true the dog surfaces and shim, square the yoke, stone & true the star then shim for endshake. I remove the cylinder lock shelf and drill out the spring loaded pin, and place an 8-32 stainless set screw so that cylinders can be changed out without full disassembly...which is a whole other story!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Crappy picture but here is a 2.25” with Altamont grips.
2F0C2BF0-40FE-4D23-A67A-54CA743C10B9.jpeg
157BEC29-158E-4FFA-AE1A-7A13F5FCF28F.jpeg

VZ currently has a huge back order on SP 101 grips right now. Of course they never mention it until you get tired of waiting and call to see what’s going on😖.
Back to the Hogues…..
3A4D8CC0-8E69-4904-AE20-399AA126AC14.jpeg

Top Bottom