What's new

The 'NEW' (not old plastic) Wilkinson Sword Classic, disassembly help.

Hi folks.

I'd like to disassemble my Wilkinson classic. I'm thinking of modifying/customising it. And I want to take it apart.

Does anyone know how to do this?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Interesting! This needs a bump. Maybe the few members on here that are smarter than me and @KeenDogg (Dawg) can help you out with that proposal!

R

romsitsa

Hello, I’m not familiar with these TTOs, but juding from available info, they are not ment to be disassembled.But this doesn’t mean that it can’t be :)
I’d buy another one, just to be sure, and would start at the bottom, around the tto knob.
Iirc there was a factory assembly video of a similar razor, maybe on Aliexpress, and the base plate looked like a rigid crimp, so the only way inside should be the knob.
What part would you like to mod?

Adam

Hello, I’m not familiar with these TTOs, but juding from available info, they are not ment to be disassembled.But this doesn’t mean that it can’t be :)
I’d buy another one, just to be sure, and would start at the bottom, around the tto knob.
Iirc there was a factory assembly video of a similar razor, maybe on Aliexpress, and the base plate looked like a rigid crimp, so the only way inside should be the knob.
What part would you like to mod?

Adam
To be honest I was thinking of making the handle shorter by 10-15mm.
Do you think it would be at all possible?

R

romsitsa

In theory, yes, depends how the knob is attached to the rod and how far you want to go.
The end of the rod has to be threaded, so you either cut it down and rethread it, or cut down the top with the T bar, cut a new slot/holes and repin the bar to the rod.
Cutting the handle should be no problem.
Another option would be to get a razor with a matching mechanism, but shorter handle. A Weishi would be good, but it's 3 cm shorter.

Adam

In theory, yes, depends how the knob is attached to the rod and how far you want to go.
The end of the rod has to be threaded, so you either cut it down and rethread it, or cut down the top with the T bar, cut a new slot/holes and repin the bar to the rod.
Cutting the handle should be no problem.
Another option would be to get a razor with a matching mechanism, but shorter handle. A Weishi would be good, but it's 3 cm shorter.

Adam
Cool
That's what I was thinking (rethread the rod.)
Now to work out how to get into it.

The new Classic is a WEISHI. The easy solution would be to get a short handle WEISHI and swap out the silo doors with the WS logo.

The new Classic is a WEISHI. The easy solution would be to get a short handle WEISHI and swap out the silo doors with the WS logo.
Interesting idea!

Only issue though is that I can't find a short handle weishi with the same barber pole knurling on the handle.

Interesting idea!

Only issue though is that I can't find a short handle weishi with the same barber pole knurling on the handle.

Searching razors on aliexpress can be daunting if you are looking for something in particular. You would think they would have made a shorter version because that handle is nice.

If you are going to modify, I’d still get another long handle, WEISHI cheap to experiment on first. I’ve seen the identical one on aliexpress.

Top Bottom