What's new

The New Merkur!!! Available in 8-12 weeks!!

On Monday I will find out if it's coming in
Gold-sooo hot!
Slant
Adjustable
and what the model number will be.
Oh yeah- not to sound arrogant, but I'm upping my order so I can't say no to anyone
and there WILL be special pricing FROM ME for B&B members only.
If you are interested in one, email [email protected] ASAP. This way I'll have a better idea of how many to bring over. All I would need is name, tel #, email, plan on using credit card or paypal (preferred).
Thank you guys for all your business and interest- ALL have been great to me and I truly appreciate it!
Lee

i

haha, exactly the same dilemma i face when i try to tell people the brand name...

From Wikipedia:

Merkur, the German word for Mercury, was an automobile brand which was briefly marketed by Ford Motor Company in the United States and Canada from 1985 to 1989. Sold through selected Lincoln-Mercury dealers, Merkurs were in fact, German-built Fords (there was no Merkur or Mercury brand in Germany) and were thus a form of captive import. Advertising and PR materials strongly urged the proper German pronunciation, "mare-coor," but practically no one used it and the cars were generally called "Merker"s.

So, mare-coor (as I recall from the TV commercials in the day...).

From Wikipedia:

Merkur, the German word for Mercury, was an automobile brand which was briefly marketed by Ford Motor Company in the United States and Canada from 1985 to 1989. Sold through selected Lincoln-Mercury dealers, Merkurs were in fact, German-built Fords (there was no Merkur or Mercury brand in Germany) and were thus a form of captive import. Advertising and PR materials strongly urged the proper German pronunciation, "mare-coor," but practically no one used it and the cars were generally called "Merker"s.

So, mare-coor (as I recall from the TV commercials in the day...).

HIJACKERS!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I want to know if it's adjustable. If it is count me in! I'll PM you my info if it's adjustable. ... I guess you know that I'm hoping it comes in an adjustable flavor? I feel like a kid waiting to go to Disneyland....I hope, I Hope, I HOPE!

I want to know if it's adjustable. If it is count me in! I'll PM you my info if it's adjustable. ... I guess you know that I'm hoping it comes in an adjustable flavor? I feel like a kid waiting to go to Disneyland....I hope, I Hope, I HOPE!

It doesn't appear to be. What a beauty it would be though if you married it to the Progress! :drool:

Oh man, don't do this....Due to my now uncontrollable RAD I know I'm gonna end up buying it no matter what my opinion is of it............!!! :cryin:

I'd like more details, but I'm certainly interested. I'm a big Merkur fan no matter how you pronounce it. (Macht Nichts!!!) I also saw this thread on SahveMyFace.com. Does the offer apply there as well?

Will you be able to get one at Classic Shaving?

Is it the same size as an HD?

What is it called?

Does Merkur have their own website?

Can't wait for this. I think I will be getting one.

Yes, it'll be a 2-piece adjustable, very much like the Progress (technically speaking).
I've got my info from a German board where it was posted by someone who knows someone at Dovo/Merkur.
No info about a gold version, though

That looks like an upgraded HD with a long handle. I'm not sure I would like it in gold, but I do like what I see! I'll make room in the stable for this!

Randy

Top Bottom