What's new

The new Mach 3 lineup

I've finally figured it out.
Mach 3 Start = original Mach 3 with five microfins
Mach 3 = original Mach 3 Turbo with ten microfins and molds next to the microfins and "anti friction" coated blades (though no longer advertised as such)
New Mach 3 Turbo: larger lubrication strip

All part of the Gillette madness.

i prefer much more the old design the mach 3 start, i feel more blade feel on the skin.
for me more blade feel = more efficiency
i love also much the Gillette Sensor 3, I feel the blade well on the skin and it is very efficiency, the results are very good.

i prefer much more the old design the mach 3 start, i feel more blade feel on the skin.
for me more blade feel = more efficiency
i love also much the Gillette Sensor 3, I feel the blade well on the skin and it is very efficiency, the results are very good.
I agree with you on the original Mach 3 the best, the sensor 3 I did not really like, jmo

They got rid of the M3 Power which came out in 2004. They rebranded it as Mach 3 Sensitive but it's been discontinued recently. I assume that as soon as the Fusion Power came out in 2006, people switched from the M3 Power to the Fusion Power and sales for the M3 Power plummeted. Yet, it's unusual for Gillette to discontinue any of their systems. We still have the G2 from 1972.
I've just got a 25 pack of Mach3 at a bargain price because I haven't used a Mach3 in probably 15 years and just felt like having a Mach 3 shave.

They got rid of the M3 Power which came out in 2004. They rebranded it as Mach 3 Sensitive but it's been discontinued recently. I assume that as soon as the Fusion Power came out in 2006, people switched from the M3 Power to the Fusion Power and sales for the M3 Power plummeted. Yet, it's unusual for Gillette to discontinue any of their systems. We still have the G2 from 1972.
I've just got a 25 pack of Mach3 at a bargain price because I haven't used a Mach3 in probably 15 years and just felt like having a Mach 3 shave.
You are right gillette will not get rid of anything that makes even very little money, the machine and mold is already set up

They regularly remove the handles from the market. G2 carts are available, but not the handles. It's the same for the Contour and Sensor, and the Vector and Blue3 system razors are not the same. Mach3 Sensitive carts are still available. It just depends on the market.

gillette-mach3-sensitive-replacement-blades-4-pcs___21.jpg

They regularly remove the handles from the market. G2 carts are available, but not the handles. It's the same for the Contour and Sensor, and the Vector and Blue3 system razors are not the same. Mach3 Sensitive carts are still available. It just depends on the market.
Very true. I'm hanging on to my Trac II handles for that reason. Wish I'd kept my old Atra and Sensor handles as well, but I prefer the Trac II anyway.

View attachment 1368703
But are the carts still in production? I think they're just leftovers, just like the handles.

Last edited:
Probably means they're still being made for Asian markets. They're also available in the US (see amazon), but not in Europe apparently.

Top Bottom