What's new

The New Guys Guide to Soaps & Creams

This is impossible to find. I have been to every rite aid, walmart, and wallgreens in utah and I can't find it. I'd buy it online but for the cost of shipping its not worth it. I don't want to buy it in bulk online because I don't know if I will like it. Anybody know anyplace else I can get it?

This is impossible to find. I have been to every rite aid, walmart, and wallgreens in utah and I can't find it. I'd buy it online but for the cost of shipping its not worth it. I don't want to buy it in bulk online because I don't know if I will like it. Anybody know anyplace else I can get it?

That is very surprising. I've seen it in just about every grocery store or pharmacy. Do you have Meijer stores there? When I was in Indiana last month I saw it at a Meijer.

Here's what happens. THis is an awesome thread, and I confess to using WILLIAMS mixed with Vanderhagen in a melted grated blend I made. Worked supurbly! I used my Gillette Superspeed as well! Here's the thing. I LOVE the fact that you have vanderhagen AND tabac in there in the same group. One gets to experience the quality of the lather of say a $2 soap and a $12 soap. I had been using nothing but vanderhagen and williams for the past 2 months with my mach 3 before I took the plunge last week into DE shaving. NOW, given that I say williams and vanerhagen do just fine in a shave, I would like to reveal the inner snob in me. I had given tabac a try this week. HOLY THICK CREAMY LATHER BATMAN!!! After using THIS after having used williams and vanderhagen for 2 months, I'm thinking, where has this been all my life? THEN I discover, tabac has friends......TOBS, Arlington, etc etc etc. SO. Yes, these soaps will cost around $12. Yes they do just fine! I feel they are better quality than williams and vanderhagen. Better made, heck triple milled? I mean, that stuff gets thick AND stays hydrated. SO. I agree with you whole heartedly that yes, the cheaper stuff works quite swimmingly. However, throughout the course of experimentation, one naturally wonders, "does it get better than this?" once "the perfect soap" is discovered by newbies and afficionados in the making, one acquires a soap and then says, "it DOESN'T get any better than this." There are williams and Vanderhagen haters out there. It's just their inner snob talking. They're people who have FOUND their perfect soaps & are in their zen happy place when it comes to their lather of choice. YES they can be gotten cheaply. It SHOULDN'T be the limit of vision. That's all I'm saying. I agree with you 100%. The ONLY product I absolutely CANNOT stand is the veg.....but that's another thread. Good post!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Last edited:
I'm new here and to wet shaving, but I'd like to give a tip for my fellow Brazilians. It is hard to find a good shaving here that does not cost a lot of money. I believe we are left to just one option: Granado's Shaving Soap. I still do not have much experience with other soaps to compare, but it makes a really nice lather and leaves the skin hydrated. At the cost of about US$2,00, it is a bargain.

Attachments

• sabonete-barra-barbearia-granado-01.jpg
    sabonete-barra-barbearia-granado-01.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom