What's new

The new/current Connaught Omega jade brush: good/bad?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't understand the discouragement over the break in. I was happy with mine on the first shave. 🤷‍♂️
From what I've read here.. and what people have posted directly from Connaught, the Jade knot varies due to variations in the boar bristles themselves. I've heard lots of people say... wonderful from the first shave.... all the way to.... it took 100 shaves for it to break-in until I was able to enjoy it. My own problem is: I have several other boar brushes that are a joy to use with the same wet/dry cycling it did with all 8 of my boar brushes before DecemBOAR month. I did over two dozen wet/dry cycles with all of them. I used three of my four Zenith brushes and the Jade for the whole month. I enjoyed all three of the Zenith brushes. The Jade has no split ends and is less comfortable for me. As always, YMMV.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Just an update: I'm at abouts 50 shaves/3-4 months in the Connaugt jade and its finally starting to get split ends/not as prickly as before. A month when I first got it (got frustrated and set it aside), and now a "Decemboar" and into January now at least. Starting to see some progress. Its def not a quick a process as my Semogue soc brush.

FYI to anyone considering an international purchase. I ordered on Jan 16 and still hadn't received it. I wrote to Connaught and was told they haven't been able to ship international standard parcels since Jan 15 due to a "cyber incident at the Royal Mail." Couldn't give an estimated ship date and offered me a refund but I'm hanging in for now.

Well I finally received my brush today. We had some heavy rain today so the box was pretty soggy but the contents seemed dry. I gave it a quick scrub with some shampoo and WOW funkadelic. So into the soak with some dish detergent. BTW anyone heard those commeracial s for something called Pooph? Supposed to be safe to spray on pets and eliminates odors. Even skunk. The dude who pitches it even sprays it into his mouth

Looking back on previous posts the “moth balls” funk could be what I noticed but it also could have been more like mildew to me. Anyway the soaking in dish soap and salt continues with palm lathering in between. This may take some time.

Reading this thread with interest. Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of the brushes to compare? I'm all into the aesthetics, with some others.

Top Bottom