What's new

The new adjustable Tatara Muramasa

And the last thing I need is another specialty key tool to lose.
Exactly my initial thought.

The design of the sliding base plate, however, is very cool. Can't remember I have seen something comparable in the past...

At a lower price point (say, in the range of a Rex Ambassador) this razor would sell like hot cheese cake, I guess.

Last edited:
It seems to me similar to the Ivko print 3d adjustable design.

Ivko

Attachments

• 3d adj.png
    3d adj.png
    104 KB · Views: 90
  • muramasa.png
    muramasa.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 90
It looks very nice and interesting and a unique piece of engineering absolutely, however I have the Masamune handle with their 2 heads and 2 SB baseplates (Nodachi and Masamune) and can't see this achieving anything better, just at more expense and more to go wrong some time down the line.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Really like my Masamune and the looks of this razor are interesting to say the least. Price doesn't really bother me because Tatara makes a truly excellent razor. However, I'm sure there will be a detailed review from one of our members fairly soon.

Is it just me or does the loading of the blade require partial disassembly?

This is probably the first piece of razor engineering that has actually made me happy just looking at it.

If it works and gives a smooth shave I'm in. Will wait for reviews though. I think we can expect at least some initial technical issues given the complexity as compared to other recently launched adjustables.

Last edited:
I kind of want it. I was never really crazy about the looks of the other Tatara razors. Plus, I never knew what to get, combination-wise had I taken the leap. So, I never did.

This razor looks HOT. I LOVE it.

First batch of pre-orders is full already despite the high price.

Never tried an adjustable. I normally find my gap/blade exposure and stick with it. Sometimes I use an OC or more efficient razor but basically stick to one setup most days.

Tatara adjustable looks like an awesome piece of engineering though. However, I do have two Tataras already.

I never liked the Tatara design, but I reckon they´re quality products. Nonetheless, the system that they´ve used is very innovative, something that I haven´t seen on these years of wetshaving. If I am correct on my appreciations (might be very wrong) the system is very simple but genial in it´s simplicity... Now about the price :letterk1:

Cheers

The more I look at it, the more I want it.

My area of concern are with the sliding guards, regarding the long-term condition..would it get loose over time? How solid is it? Does it make any sound?
Is there any play when it is used?

The design of the sliding base plate could be a variant of the L 'Essor.

I thought the same when I saw it...at least the same concept is there. The idea is quite close or similar to the L'Essor Le Supreme but in a modern, simplified and improved version.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
It looks one interesting razor. I have a Tatara Nodachi that I really like. They do make a good razor and I applaud their effort on this innovative design. Like others I am waiting to read user reviews. Personally, I am on the fence and would need to be convinced about this one. I am not adverse to shelling out big buck as my current inventory testifies but I don't think that the Muramasa will be joining my lineup.

Bravo Tatara on giving us something different. I am certain that B&B will give us thoughts and review about the Muramasa down the line. I look forward to catching on more details as time goes by. One thing I have learnt throughout my wet shaving experience is never say never.

I never liked the Tatara design, but I reckon they´re quality products. Nonetheless, the system that they´ve used is very innovative, something that I haven´t seen on these years of wetshaving. If I am correct on my appreciations (might be very wrong) the system is very simple but genial in it´s simplicity... Now about the price :letterk1:

Cheers
A very interesting version. Ingeniously simple.

Yes it is about half the price of the rocnel sailor and it has what appears to be a truly innovative design for an adjustable razor so that it is not merely another iteration of something made by Gillette long ago. However my budget for a razor is not what it used to be now that I already own too many (also the reason why I am not going to get the blackbird titanium despite the universally good reviews). If this razor were priced at the rex ambassador then it would be a lot more compelling a proposition but as it is it is just too expensive for me especially since I already have a tatara razor that's very good for my face being the masamune.

Top Bottom