What's new

The Never-Ending PIF PIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your kind words guys. Honestly, I get more pleasure out of these type of responses and people saying thank you than I do getting packages in the mail! That said, I've received a number of PM's asking me to fudge/make an exception on the stated rules and I'm just not willing to do that. I've set what I think are fair, common parameters and opened it up to the earth we live on. If you don't fall within the stated parameters please don't ask me - believe it or not it makes me feel bad I can't help more. Cheers!

Good on you for that. People shouldn't be trying to get it because they just want it. Some need it. I have a ball-end Tech myself (my first razor) and it's quite fantastic!

Hey guys, quick question, would any of you be interested in a PIF including Barbasol with Lanolin (the yellow can)? I have a Dollar Tree that carries it and I know it's hard to get for some, so I may include some next time around. I know it's a canned cream, but it's actually pretty good.

Can't believe I missed out on a sample of Caprician Lemon. That's been on my to try list. Moral of the story? Quit my job, and refresh this thread 24 hours a day. :biggrin1:

intotheforge is the Winner! Removing me and adding him.

The idea of the never-ending pif is just that: An endless string of pif's. If you see something on the list below that you would like to try, feel free to claim it. In return, you agree to add a pif from your own den to the list. Use the following procedure:

1. Post in this thread saying you'd like to claim the offering (first to post in thread has "dibs")

2. Pm the donor of that item with your mailing info.
3. Once confirmed, re-post the list, removing the donor's name and item and adding your own. If you'd like to wait until you receive the item before offering your pif, simply place a "?" after your name instead.
4. There is no limit to how often you can play, but a member may only have one outstanding pif at a time. That is, you are ineligible to claim another pif until someone claims yours.
5. There are no pif advance credits.

namedate claimedpifpending?
Vdubya78915/august/12?
jmv6125/july/12blade sampler conus
teflon_synapses6/august/12​?
nosduj11/august/12?
jzuzphreek9/august/12?
intotheforge16/august/12?
rwbrown041/august/12?
prof. Moriarty7/august/12?
razumny30/june/12?
joshuany9/aug/12?
krona kruiser9/aug/12on vacation, will post pif on 8/16
Joey Anton15/aug/12? Will post PIF week of August 20
nova31611/aug/12?
shaveguy199507/aug/12?
landri15/aug/12?
Jtokle15/aug/12?
Sqratch14/aug/12?
zekevin14/aug/12?
scholarly*gentleman20/july/12Shark, Dorco & Derby Blade Sampler (15 blades) (CONUS)
sychodelix13/aug/12? (Will post PIF towards end of August)
atticus929/aug/12?
json7/aug/12?
KcHighLife20/july/12PdP and Proraso shaving cream samples. CONUS please
Axebreaker15/aug/123 soft soap/cream samples, 1 aftershave sample, pack of Wilkinson Swords (10) CONUS
bendragon09/Aug/123 x 5 blade packs of astra sp de blades - australia only please
zethreal16/Aug/12Williams Shave Soap puck ( used once ), blade sampler ( 5 or so mixed with maybe a duplicate - we'll see )

blank row - do not remove

I am astonished at the generosity on this site. It is truly amazing. Thank you BigBull and Krona! :thumbup: I can't wait to try out this stuff. Since joining this site, I've already spent a significant amount on shaving items. I'm going to have to explain to my wife tonight so she doesn't blow her top when this package comes in. :scared:

I'll post my PIF the week of September third. I feel like I can't wait to post something; but I have to figure out what first.

Still waiting for confirmation

The idea of the never-ending pif is just that: An endless string of pif's. If you see something on the list below that you would like to try, feel free to claim it. In return, you agree to add a pif from your own den to the list. Use the following procedure:

1. Post in this thread saying you'd like to claim the offering (first to post in thread has "dibs")

2. Pm the donor of that item with your mailing info.
3. Once confirmed, re-post the list, removing the donor's name and item and adding your own. If you'd like to wait until you receive the item before offering your pif, simply place a "?" after your name instead.
4. There is no limit to how often you can play, but a member may only have one outstanding pif at a time. That is, you are ineligible to claim another pif until someone claims yours.
5. There are no pif advance credits.

namedate claimedpifpending?
Vdubya78915/august/12?
jmv6125/july/12blade sampler conus
teflon_synapses6/august/12​?
nosduj11/august/12?
jzuzphreek9/august/12?
intotheforge16/august/12?
rwbrown041/august/12?
prof. Moriarty7/august/12?
razumny30/june/12?
joshuany9/aug/12?
krona kruiser9/aug/12on vacation, will post pif on 8/16
Joey Anton15/aug/12? Will post PIF week of August 20
nova31611/aug/12?
shaveguy199507/aug/12?
landri15/aug/12?
Jtokle15/aug/12?
Sqratch14/aug/12?
zekevin14/aug/12?
scholarly*gentleman20/july/12Shark, Dorco & Derby Blade Sampler (15 blades) (CONUS)
sychodelix13/aug/12? (Will post PIF towards end of August)
atticus929/aug/12?
json7/aug/12?
KcHighLife20/july/12PdP and Proraso shaving cream samples. CONUS please
Axebreaker15/aug/123 soft soap/cream samples, 1 aftershave sample, pack of Wilkinson Swords (10) CONUSY
bendragon09/Aug/123 x 5 blade packs of astra sp de blades - australia only please
zethreal16/Aug/12Williams Shave Soap puck ( used once ), blade sampler ( 5 or so mixed with maybe a duplicate - we'll see )

blank row - do not remove

@ Mikeschu, I finally got to use the KMF this morning. Wasn't able to get a lot of lather in the bowl. Any tips? I used the Iridium this morning too. Despite the sad lather, I still got a DFS in just two passes. Is it bad that I'm in love with a slowly vanishing blade?

@ Mikeschu, I finally got to use the KMF this morning. Wasn't able to get a lot of lather in the bowl. Any tips? I used the Iridium this morning too. Despite the sad lather, I still got a DFS in just two passes. Is it bad that I'm in love with a slowly vanishing blade?

Jessy - Did the KMF appear shiny and slick? Still kinda creamy? KMF in my opinion is a pretty thirsty cream...just keep adding water. It's an awesome performer, especially for the price.

I did a test lather of KMF the other night using a brush and bowl, I can second that it is thirsty. Don't be afraid to add a good bit of water.

ah... i did skimp on the water. Will keep trying. I was wondering, with creams, is it possible to face lather? Rub the cream on the beard and lather away?

ah... i did skimp on the water. Will keep trying. I was wondering, with creams, is it possible to face lather? Rub the cream on the beard and lather away?

Better way would be to put a dub in the brush and take it to face, dip in water and continue, 4-5 dips it takes for me.

Very generous PIF from Bull and Krona. Great pickup, intotheforge. Glad to see this thread still moving along nicely. I'll be posting my PIF within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom